12 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@kblake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Zoom GFX1 or
Digitech RP-50

The Digitech has a drum machine with 30 patterns..

Any suggestions from owners of either machine

Thanks

Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

(@97reb)
Noble Member

I don't own either, but the drum machine in the Digitech will probably help your rythym playing and generally help keep your playing in time. I'm sure for the price it is not going to get the best sounds or variety of sound. However, It will be an invaluable tool for helping you learn your instrument better.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

I have a Digitech RPx-400 with the 30-pattern drum machine :)

Probably the same 30 patterns as the RP-50.

The drum patterns are very helpful for developing a good sense of timing.

Also has a built in metronome 8)

I like all the features of the unit :D

BS

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I like the sound quality of the Zoom better than the sounds in the RP50. You can work around the lack of drums by just downloading a freeware rythm program. If you want to get the sound out of your amp you could even put a cable between the PC Line-out into the Zoom/amp line-in.

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

"Zoom GFX1 or
Digitech RP-50"

How does the V-Amp II stack up against these 2 ?

Thanks
Keith

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Thats a tough question.

If you want the drum machine, go with the Digitech.

If you want really great distortions, go with Zoom.

I've owned Zoom and Digitech pedals over the years. Myself, I prefer Zoom. I think their distortions beat all others. And they are so easy to edit.
I found Digitech just a little too complicated for me. Not that I couldn't do it, but I want to play. I don't want to spend hours trying to get a sound.

And, I think Zoom is built a little better. The GFX-1 is built like a tank. You could hit someone over the head with it and it would knock them cold :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I have one of the Digitech RP-50's that a young lady gave me as a gift. I ran it through an stereo Equalizer, stereo carver power amp and monitor speakers for the drums on a few backing tracks and it sounded and worked great. I haven't really tried the effects much other than I plunked around with the different presets. I had it hooked up stereo and it sound great.

In all it would be a good pedal to get acquainted with different effects and playing along with drums.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I ended up buying a Behringer V-Amp 2
I went and checked out the others and I liked this the best...

I love it

Thanks for your help

Keith

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Congrats Keith

Have lots of fun with that.

I'm sure Argen will come on here, he is the Behringer expert. He knows all about these units.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Kblake: Have fun with it! Got my first one 18 months ago or so and still use it for recording and with the band. Feel free to ask any questions about it.

Wes: Just something I noticed: why do English-speaking people (so far exclusively Americans IIRC) occasionally mistype my name as Argen insetad of Arjen? Is the pronouncement of the J and G similar?

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I will say that some j and g sounds are similar in English. From what I gather, the j in your name is not exactly silent, but close. I am a fan of Arjen Lucassen from Ayreon and other bands and kind of know how the name is pronounced. I think it is probably just a coincidental typo.

And good luck and good playing with your new multi-effects pedal, Keith.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@shibby)
Estimable Member

Awesome I have a V-amp 2 and love it. Spend the money on MIDI cables to your PC you can get a lot more control out of it. And check out this new V-Amp community. http://www.texasimedia.com/vamp/

Shibby

ReplyQuote