Clear all

New Epiphone 5 watt tube amp

14 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@drewsdad)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Just noticed over the weekend that several sites like music123 and musiciansfriend are listing a new 5 watt Epiphone tube amp for $99. It's similar to the Valve Junior, only it's just the power amp (no speaker) with several improvements/changes. Unbelievable, you can't build an x84 kit for that price. I may have to re-think my plan for my crate.

Life's journey can be hard at times, but you have to realize that you are the only one with the power make it a worthwhile experience.

(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Whoa, gotta go check it out. Thanks for the tip!

ReplyQuote
(@unklmickey)

http://www.sunnyhalemahina.com

Listen to our Music

huh, what?

what's that got to do with a 5 watt epiphone amp?

unk

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Listen to our Music

huh, what?

unk

What has my reply got to do with drewsdad's post about a new amp that he saw online?

The long version (which my post was not) would have been: "Hey, wow drewsdad, what a great find! I didn't notice that amp on Music123.com or any other place because I was busy doing other things over the weekend. I'm glad you posted what you found because now I don't have to just 'accidentally' run into this amp, since I'm not always scouring the net looking for all tube 5 watt amp heads. But if I ever do need to find one, thanks again because you've saved me some time by finding it and posting your find and your thoughts about this amp.

Gee, I think I'll go and open another browser window and type the url to Music123.com into it, hit enter and see if I can do a search on Music123.com to find the amp you mentioned. Then I can look at it myself and mark it for later purchase or consideration.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to post your find here so others can have a look at your find and perhaps buy or at least research it more before buying."

Hopefully, this explanation makes my previous post a little clearer. If not, perhaps, you should either read more carefully, or...not posts comments to posts not related to the original topic, in order to increase your post-count. If you are not familiar with how online conversation (or other kinds of conversation) is supposed to work, then you might pay more attention in the classroom next time you're there. Or if you're through with your schooling, it might behoove you to shut up and listen the next time two people are having a conversation. It's really pretty interesting when you know how it works, and there's an added incentive - it makes you look less like a troll when you post online.

Regards

ReplyQuote
(@mad_guitarist)
Eminent Member

:shock:

...i think he meant your sig.

I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play.

— Ozzy Osbourne

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Oh, he assumes a sig's going to match every thread topic.

Got it. :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

LMAO

warning sig (below) may, or may not have anything to do with the topic or above comment related to or not related to the topic aforementioned...or not mentioned,... err your milage may vary. :shock:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@unklmickey)

Listen to our Music

huh, what?

unk

What has my reply got to do with drewsdad's post about a new amp that he saw online?

The long version (which my post was not) would have been: "Hey, wow drewsdad, what a great find! I didn't notice that amp on Music123.com or any other place because I was busy doing other things over the weekend. I'm glad you posted what you found because now I don't have to just 'accidentally' run into this amp, since I'm not always scouring the net looking for all tube 5 watt amp heads. But if I ever do need to find one, thanks again because you've saved me some time by finding it and posting your find and your thoughts about this amp.

Gee, I think I'll go and open another browser window and type the url to Music123.com into it, hit enter and see if I can do a search on Music123.com to find the amp you mentioned. Then I can look at it myself and mark it for later purchase or consideration.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to post your find here so others can have a look at your find and perhaps buy or at least research it more before buying."

Hopefully, this explanation makes my previous post a little clearer. If not, perhaps, you should either read more carefully, or...not posts comments to posts not related to the original topic, in order to increase your post-count. If you are not familiar with how online conversation (or other kinds of conversation) is supposed to work, then you might pay more attention in the classroom next time you're there. Or if you're through with your schooling, it might behoove you to shut up and listen the next time two people are having a conversation. It's really pretty interesting when you know how it works, and there's an added incentive - it makes you look less like a troll when you post online.

Regards

excuse me, i went to the link and was confused. i mistakenly thought the signature was part of your reply to the original post.

i didn't mean to offend you. i just made a mistake.

i guess i'll just "shut up" now.

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

My question, which has nothing to do with sig lines or urls, is why is a 5-watt amp listed under the 101-200 watt section?

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

unklmickey, check your private messages. I didn't want to highjack this thread any further.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I've got one of the early Valve Juniors, and I like it a lot. It does hum too much, though, due to a basic design defect putting the circuit board traces for the 6.3VAC heater power very close and parallel to the grid lead for the second 12AX7 stage. I've just gotten back from the electronics parts store with a bridge rectifier, 1000 uF 16V electrolytic capacitor, and two 2W 100 ohm resistors to make a DC heater supply and fix that.

Hopefully they corrected the problem on the Valve Junior heads, but I wouldn't bet on it till we hear from some users of them.

There's a nice page on modding the Valve Junior at: http://valvejunior.com/

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

Hopefully they corrected the problem on the Valve Junior heads, but I wouldn't bet on it till we hear from some users of them.

FWIW, the marketing blurb claims they have now incorporated a DC power supply for the filament heaters, and claim that as one of the differences from the combo.

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That's what they needed to do. The way the bozo who designed it laid out the printed circuit board, if it's got AC on the heaters, it's going to hum. Other than that, though, it's a great little amp!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Holy Crap! That's *exactly* what I'm looking for! Thanks a bunch, I'll make very sure I'll be checking this out!

ReplyQuote