Skip to content
OMG its another per...

Notifications
Clear all

OMG its another person in need of an amp!

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@d_funk)
Topic starter  

I need some Amp help... my friend has a Line 6 spider II 112 combo, and its a nice amp but i don't want that same model amp. I'm looking for equal alternatives and here are the ones i would like some feedback on.

the Fender FM 212R Guitar Combo Amp below has two weights listed on it???? Other than that i like it click here

this is the Behringer V-AMPIRE LX1-112 Combo Ampclick here
so can someone explain what a 24-bit multi-effects processor, 16 multi-effects, 125 locations for storing presets, intuitive rotary controls, do along with the rest of the sales pitch for that amp. Because that makes zero sense to me but sounds impressive.

the Behringer Vintager AC112 Guitar Amp uses transtube technology, Does that give it a huge advantage over the others?
click here

and then theres a peavey Studio Pro II 112 1 x 12 65W Guitar Amp Combo at click here

as you can see my budget is pretty much 300 dollars

thanks to any help

where ever i post Arjen will be there...thank the lord

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I voted for the Behringer V-Ampire. The reason being is you seem to want an amp similar to your friends Line-6 but not the same amp.

The V-Ampire has built in effects like the Line 6 amps. So you don't have to purchase pedals or an effects processor. It will have different distortions (Metal, Blues, etc...), Chorus, Phase Shifter, Tremelo, Delay, Auto Wah, etc...

A preset is just where you can save a sound you like. You might like a Metal distortion with a little chorus and delay. These amps allow you to make selections like that. You are also able to tweak the degree of gain in the distortion, depth of chorus, length of delay, etc... I'm sure it will also come with many factory pre-sets. These are usually modeled after some famous guitarist and tones/effects they commonly use.

Maybe Arjen (Promedics) will come on here. He is big on the Behringer amps and knows a lot about them. He can tell you much more than me.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Well, I'm not a fan at all of the multi-fx processors or modelling amps but i've always enjoyed Fender amps.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

As I said in the other topic:

The AC112 and peavey are proper amps, worth their money. Never tried the Fender, but I have no doubts it will be decent. The V-ampire is by far the most versatile, quite like the Spider, and might be what you're after. However, and even while it is superior to the spider, it sounded not as good as I hoped it did.

Both the spider and V-ampire sound dead, lifeless and plastic to me. Which is very dissapointing, since the V-amp modeling certainly has potention for it's priceclass. If you dig the spider, the V-ampire will deliver. It's effects can be quite properly tweaked, even better using the free software, there are quite a few decent sounds hidden there (but the heavy distortions sound mediocre, just like with the Spider), it can get quite loud, and the speaker is more then able to get the bass going. It has many pro's, and for the money it is a lot of amp, but somehow they failed to get the most out of the modeling they use.

ReplyQuote
(@d_funk)
Topic starter  

lol thanks for replying to both of my topics. I guess i'm looking for a real nice clean channel and a real nice distortion channel, other stuff i can't see its importance right now. Now when you say that they(the peavey and Ac112) are "proper amps" and then say the spider and the v-amp sound plastic and lifeless, do you also think the peavey and the ac112 sound lifeless? The ac112 also uses the v-amp modeling technology, (or is it just the amp not the program?)

thanks for you help :D

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

The AC112 doesn't use modeling, and is nothing like the V-ampire. When comparing AC112 with the peavey, I would say the AC is more for classic rock, whereas the Peavey is more AC/DC like. Both have good cleans. The peavey has no effects besides reverb, the AC112 has some mediocre effects besides reverb. And once again, check Behringer's new GMX line, they have really good distortions and cleans, and are more versatile then either AC or peavey. And they have the Copyright-By-Behringer medioce effects as well. ;)

ReplyQuote
(@d_funk)
Topic starter  

will do and THANKS for the help

ReplyQuote
(@d_funk)
Topic starter  

Are the Behringer "mediocre" effects on par with the Line 6 Spider II 112 Combo?? because if they are i guess i'm sold.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

That really depends. For example, reverb and delay are both quite usable, and the chorus ain't that bad either. But things like phaser, compressor and auto-wah are really not grand (although I can't remember how the Spider had these effects, if they actually had them at all). However, do note that I only use these effects without using MIDI, you can hook these behringer amps to a pc or midi floorboard and tweak the effects a lot better.

In short: without using midi, it really depends on what effects you use. I suggest you try it in store, and just see for yourself. (Or I can record some stuff with either the V-amp or GMX if you like, just tell me what effects you're interested in).

ReplyQuote