Notifications
Clear all

Opinion on Marshall Amp

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@kalfred)
Topic starter  

I recently purchased a guitar (Epiphone SG-Special) for my soon-to-be 14 year old daughter's birthday and now I'm looking for a cheap practice amp for her. I found a Marshall G15RCD on http://www.craigslist.org for $50.00. Has anyone here used this particular amp before and is that a good price for a used amp? Thanks.

"Everyone who got where he is has had to begin where he was."
– Robert Louis Stevenson

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

The "CD" models came out about 5-6 years ago. They are pretty good, I owned the 50W version. Good tone, plenty of power.

The only negative about that amp was I had to periodically check all the screws, including the screws that hold in the speaker, and the bolts around the control pots. Seems everything would work loose every few months. But other than that it was a pretty good amp.

This is 15 watts so it is just a practice amp, but you could probably jam with it if everybody keeps the volume reasonable.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

My son has a 10W marshal CD model. It's pretty good for a practice amp. These are pretty popular. You can get everything from hard rock to nice bluesy sound out of the drive channel.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I have a Marshall MG15DFX. I think it is basically the same amp but with some basic effects (reverb, chorus, delay and flange). I am very happy with it. I use it as a practice amp to "normal" room volumes. Mainly I use the clean channel, the overdrive channel gives a good bluesy tone with a low level of gain.

Here you can find some reviews:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/marshall/g15rcd/index.html

Nuno

ReplyQuote