Skip to content
Peavey Bandit 112 o...

Notifications
Clear all

Peavey Bandit 112 or Line 6 Spider II 30?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@littlebadboy)
Topic starter  

Hello masters! May I ask for your advice?

I am currently looking for a guitar amp I could use for practicing at home. I live in a townhouse so loudness is a consideration. On another thread, I was told to just lower the volume. I had a Crate FXT65 and I didn't like its sound at lower volumes. My other consideration is that I would like an amp that would be good for occasional playing out in venues such as a school gym (I'm a teacher and I am asked by the music teacher to play at programs sometimes) or at gigs if an opportunity comes by. I haven't played for more than 10 years and have recently revisited my interest in playing guitar. I'm on a budget, so I am looking for the least cost but best bang for my buck.

I have cut my choices to two amp. I found a Peavey Bandit 112 that I could get for $70 to $100. I also found a Line 6 Spider II 30 that I could get for $60 to $80. I'll try my haggling skills at the pawnshops.

What's good about the bandit is the wattage. It is kinda old though and I recall that it has those flip switches as shown below. I wouldn't mind if it old though as long as it is working. At 80W, I am sure this would be enough if I would play at my intended venues but it does not have a headphones jack if I wanted to play at home. I could plug into my Digitech RP55 but there are times I would like to play along a song to family and like to listen what the tone sounds like in open air.

For the Line 6 Spider II 30, I kinda like it because I was thinking of selling my Digitech RP55 and get a Line 6 FV4 footswtich for it. Pawnshop is selling for $90, I think I could get it for $60. My only concern is that it is 30W only. I wonder if it is enough when I play at the school gym.

Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

(@iamadrug)

Bandit for sure. The sound of the line 6 is very mechanized.thin and brittle.

ReplyQuote