Clear all

Questions about JC-120 amps

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@bobgay)
Topic starter  

Hello-
My son plays guitar in his high school jazz band. He and the other guitar player both plug into the same amp (Peavey Bandit) and take turns playing.(They both actually play but only one turns the volume up,they can affect each others tone and volume by tweaking the knobs on their guitars). My son recieved an archtop guitar for his birthday and plans to use this in jazz band this year (he was using a strat) and his bandmate will still be playing a strat. The eq settings will need to be different I assume for the hollow body vs. the solid body which gets me to my question: would a Roland JC-120 allow these kids to each plug in to the separate channels to allow for separate eq settings? I am not a guitar player, just a parent, and I supplied the guitar amp that they use now.(Previously they played the guitars thru the bass amp and everybody plugged in and unplugged all the time). Sorry for the long post but I was not sure I would get my concerns across.

Thank you,
Bob Gay

(@larro123)
Eminent Member

I'm not familiar with the JC120 but I looked it up on the web and it has two channels, each with it's own Bright switch, treble, mid and high eq. so I would say yes, it would do the trick.

All of the built-in effects, such as reverb, chorus, etc. are available only to the channel 2 but if that's not an issue it will do nicely.

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Bob, what's wrong with keeping the Bandit in use and getting a smaller, less expensive amp for your son? Or, if you want them to have matching amps, there's a slew of great sounding amps out there priced at a point where you could get two for half the price of the JC-120 (or less!)

My suggestions for a good Jazz amp:

Vox Pathfinder 15 (I own this one, great for Jazz and Blues)
Pignose G40V
Roland CUBE30
Vox AD30VT
Peavey TransTube Envoy II
Peavey TransTube Studio Pro II
Fender Dynatouch Plus Princeton 65 DSP
Fender Blues Junior

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote