Random update

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Just a random update. I bought a AB/Y swith so I can run both of my amps ( Fender Hot Rod and the Marshall ) at the same time. I love the Marshall tone but the clean sound is much better on the Fender so I thought the amp swither would be a good thing.

I used it Saturday and loved it. I actually ran it with both amps on for most of the night, really fills out the sound.

On a side note which was just as cool we are playing the song Jailbreak by Thin Lizzy and right when the solo starts there are police sirens going on in the background.

So I ended up finding a sample of police sirens that I downloaded to my PC., from there I then transferred them to my RC-2 loop pedal and had it cued up and ready. When we got to that part bam step on the peadl and viola police sirens looping over and over. Actually sounded better than I expected the only change I am going to make is to run the pedal through the PA rather than the amp. I couldn't turn it up enough on the amp without turning up the guitar also which kind of defeated the purpose.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Just a random update. i bought a AB/Y swith so I can run both of my amps ( Fender Hot Rod and the Marshall ) at the same time. I love th Marshall tone but the clean sound is much better on the Fender so I though the amp swither would be a good thing.

I used it Saturday and loved it. I actually ran it with both amps on for most of the night, really fills out the sound.
Classic setup! If my guitar were not like Uncle Ted's (Simply refuses to play sweet "expletive deleted") I would do it. Actually the clean chanel on my Peavey Valve King is quite good but you have the best of both, Fender and Marshall. (And I bet Chris still isn't happy with his tone lol)
Good idea for the sirens too by the way. It's the little things that take you to the next level.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Terry I'm happier but not quite there yet. The sirens although just a novelty sounded pretty dam good I was afraid that weren't exactly like what was on the record and it might sound weird but when your playing and it's loud just having the sirens at all made a difference and it was for the better.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote