Skip to content
Replacement power c...

Notifications
Clear all

Replacement power cord for Peterson VS-II tuner?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@corbind)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I've looked all over the internet and can't find people who can sell me a replacement power cord. Seems like there should be lots of places but I guess I know zero about replacement cords for a turner. Here are the specs on the back of the power cord:

MODEL 41-050600CEE
INPUT 100-240V
50/60HZ 30-40W
OUTPUT DC3. 3V 280mA

The plug is a two-prong and the other end that goes in the tuner is a small circle thing. Here's a link to the actual tuner:

http://www.petersontuners.com/products/modelvs2/index.cfm

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Is there any reason why the standard Radio Shack variable model wouldn't work? Or am I missing something?

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Have you mailed Petersens?

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Success! I finally got a hold of the number for Peterson only to find out their HQ is 20 miles away. So I called and asked how much for the cord. She told me the price but said she'd get one out in the mail today for free! Guitar Center called and said it would be $15. Ah, now I know the old saying "you get what you pay for" come back to play. Peterson tuners are expensive but apparently the company give good customer support.

Oh yea, my original power cord is fine and dandy. I planned to buy a second power cord. If the other one works, why? One to stay plugged in at home (along with other cables and cords) and the new one to travel in my bag when I go to practices, jams, or wherever.

So now I have extra cables, power cords, picks, etc. in my travel bag that mimics what I have at home. Makes setup/teardown much easier and I don't have to worry "did I forget something?" Now the only item I have to buy for travel is another capo and I'm set. Yea!

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Thats kind of what I carry. A briefcase packed with tools and one full of cables, along with numerous different connectors and adaptors. You never know when you my need something. Even picked up one of those Cold Heat Soldering Tools.

Joe

ReplyQuote