Clear all

Roland Cube 15 only $69!!!

12 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hi friends - Musician's Friend is blowing out these very high-quality amplifiers for $69. They are regularly $100. I own one - and I know others do as well - and they are a fantastic amp for the money. Check it out.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-15-1x8-15W-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=480022&src ="3WFRWXX"

I highly recommend for a practice amp.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I'll second that, my buddy has one, sounds great. Takes effects units pretty well too.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Doesn't that look a lot like a Gorilla amp?

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member

Man.....How hard is it to get a green card? I wanna move to the US of A !

Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

I hope this doesn't turn into another feeding frenzy...I already have 5 amps!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

I can't be a part of another frenzy. I have way too much stuff and way too little room. I have read a lot on Cube amps and would love one. MF had a sale on the Cube 30 about a weeek or 2 ago for $149. I would love that amp too.

My EVJ plugged into the speaker(12") of my old Crate sounds GREAT, so for now I am set for amps.

Six months ago if someone told me that very soon I would buy 6 more guitars(not counting the 3 I sent back) and 2 more amps I would have laughed myself silly.

Im gonna try and sit on the fence for a while. If I don't then I won't have a place to sleep haha.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Very good price for a pretty good little practice/street musician/small room amp.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Those sound clips sound pretty heavy, amazing for an amp with an 8" speaker. This really does look like a good deal.

Does this amp have a Speaker Out??

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Those sound clips sound pretty heavy, amazing for an amp with an 8" speaker. This really does look like a good deal.

Does this amp have a Speaker Out??

Just checked mine: Nope, only record/phones out and Aux in. Same thing on my Cube 30.

It does well for an 8 incher, and is far better than my Pignose, which is actually only 5 inches. But I really like the battery operation on the Cube 15. Good for electric. Good for acoustic-electric.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I tried a Cube 30 in the store a couple weeks back. The cleans were really bright. Brighter than my Randall's clean channel. I didn't like the distortion. It was kinda scratchy and wouldn't get very heavy. Maybe if I had more time to play with it I could get a better dirty sound of out it, who knows.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I tried a Cube 30 in the store a couple weeks back. The cleans were really bright. Brighter than my Randall's clean channel. I didn't like the distortion. It was kinda scratchy and wouldn't get very heavy. Maybe if I had more time to play with it I could get a better dirty sound of out it, who knows.

Roland is known for clean. The old Roland Jazz Chorus amp is considered one of the classics, and Roland tries to emualute that particular amp in all of its others. As for the brightness: It's much easier to roll-off bright, than "add" it back in. The advantage of having a bright clean in the Cube 30, is it will serve as a passable acoustic-electric amp in a pinch.

I find the heavy distortions on the Cube 30 (and 15) to be a bit one-dimensional. I prefer to use a good outboard pedal on the Cube 30 to get a nice crunch -- Convincing Recifier or hot and heavy metal? Don't think so. But everything else makes this a very good amp for jazz, rock, blues, country. But none of those is really your thing, right, OWA?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@decieved)
Trusted Member

the roland cube 15 is definately a good practice amp. if youre into metal, its definately for you

ReplyQuote