Clear all

Silver face fender Twin reverbs

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I would hardly say a Silver face Fender twin sounds like you described. But anyhow if you look closely. The bias supply in the silverface amp is balanced. The resistors between the pot and the grids of the power tubes are 68k. The plate load resistors on the phase inverter are 47k. The grids of the phase inverter have 330k's, and the cathode resistor is a 270. The coupling cap to the phase inverter is a .01.

If you want to give your silverface a kick the butt, change the resistors between the pot and the grids of the power tubes to 220k, plate load resistors to 82 to 100k, the grids of the phase inverter to 1 meg, and the cathode resistor 470. Also change the coupling cap to the phase inverter to .001.

How's my GPA doing?

Joe

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

What are you trying to make sound that way. Why not use a equalizer and adjust it to sound how you like. What I explained was what make the amp sound the way it does.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

You can change the parts I have list above, then the black face will sound like the silver face.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Dude, just what exactly is the issue? I know I should let it go, but you keep on going and going and going posting one after another totally unconnected questions never listening to any answers given. Joe gives you options. He's a smart and experienced fellow, he ain't talking nonsense. He tells you what you can change and how you can modify the final sound without modding the amp. If you like neither options, just sell the amp and get something else.

Look at the studio forum. a whole friggin page of nothing but you asking questions only to answer them yourself. Why ask something if you know the answer?

Whatever floats your boat... :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Arjen, don't feed the troll. Although I'm guilty of it too . ..

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Not all Fenders where created equal. You'll also find that not all amps match the schematic exactly. Even between the same type of amps. Which means two amps may look alike on the outside but be different on the inside.

Here is the differences I've noticed between the Silver and Black. The main difference is in the circuit is the bias supply, and the phase inverter. The bias supply in the silver is a balanced. The resistors between the pot and the grids of the power tubes, silver 68k, black 220k. The plate load resistors on the phase inverter are silver 47k, black are 82 and 100k. The grids of the phase inverter silver 330k's, black 1 megs, and the cathode resistor is silver 270, black 470 ohm. The coupling cap to the phase inverter in the silver .01, and black .001.

I always liked this saying: " if it isn't broke don't fix".

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

This has noting to do with fender amps, this is an explaination of a balanced. Here's an example. Perhaps someone will have a better one than I can explain.

Example, In normal wiring there is one neutral wire which is always ground and other wire which carries the 120V AC voltage.

In balanced power there is two out of phase 60V lines rather than normal 120V and neutral. The voltage difference between those out of phase 60V lines is 120V, so the equipments will get full 120V between their power input pins. The balanced power is generated from normal AC voltage by using an isolation transformer with centre-tapped 120V output and the centre-tap of the output is grounded.

joe

ReplyQuote