Clear all

So would it be fun to play through...

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@demoetc)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

...a guitar rig consisting of one Epiphone SoCal 50 tube head with a 2x12 cab (Avatar or Carvin maybe) and one Peavey ValveKing head going through a similar 2x12 cab - all channel switching controls by the pedalboard and an A/B Y box to switch between, or combine, amps?

I'm sorta thinking that if each amp's overall volume was tweaked so they'd be of the same relative loudness, it might be a good, loud, flexible and FUN rig to plug into onstage.

Just the imagination taking a little jog around the block ;)

(@nexion)
Honorable Member

Just the imagination taking a little jog around the block ;)

Don't stop there, go around the world......twice!

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

You're only limited by your imagination.

Oh and your wallet. :cry: :lol:

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yup that darned wallet!

Both heads are about equally resonable in price though; that makes it worse!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I have been looking at that So Cal amp myself. I like the 25/50 watts option. I would probably play it at 25 watts to get natural overdrive at reasonable volume.

I also like that this amp has EL34 power tubes. That is the tube Marshall uses, so I think this would be a very Marshall sounding amp that doesn't cost a fortune. I have a 2 X 12 closed back with Celestion V30s I think would sound great with this head.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yes, I like that option too; reminds me of the Carvin X100B I had - 100/50/25 - that was cool.

I don't know if it's new, but on the Peavey side, there's also the Windsor amp head. Single channel though; I guess like a JCM800?

ReplyQuote