Spider III

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@amazing_ness)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if the Spider III was worth it as an amp.

I'm into effects and such. I can't really tell the difference between a tube amp and a digital amp, or an analogue and digital, or maybe it's just because I haven't heard those compared.

I wanted to get the 75 because it has cooler stuff but I'm gonna end up getting the 15 because it's I can actually AFFORD this.

I was also wondering if anyone can tell me the settings for those presets on the 75. Cause they are supposed to be on Line6's website but they aren't

Thanks guys.

Hey.

(@big-lar)
Estimable Member

I have one. I really enjoy it. I'm a beginner, and I was attracted by the fact that the presets allow me to spend less time fiddling with my amp and more time playing my guitar.

As for the settings for the presets, there are over 400 of them. They are not documented in the docs, but you can put the amp into a mode to have it tell you the settings for a specific preset. I've not used that feature yet. I have the 75. The smaller versions don't have the nifty song-based and artist based presets. And I'm not sure how well the settings for the 75 would translate on the lower powered units. I don't think they offer the same set of amp models and effects which the settings use.

Too bad, because I really don't require 75 watts for my home practice/jam amp.

ReplyQuote