Clear all

three days grace

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@power-chord)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

If anyone knows the band three days grace could you tell me what kind of distotion pedal i would need to get there sound

Lifes been Good To Me So Far

RANDY RHOADS 1956- 1982
DIME- 1966-2004

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Power Chord

I have heard a little of Three Days Grace music, but not a lot. But I can tell you they use a wide variety of equipment.

I did a search and did find out one thing that might help you. On the sleeve of their album One-X supposedly it tells the equipment they use. I read this while doing a search. I did not find out about specific gear though. I did see where Peavey had a promotion with Three Days Grace, so it is likely they use Peavey amps.

From listening I could tell they use lots of down tunings. They use Metal distortion pedals on the clips I heard. But truth is, they probably use 20 different types of distortion and overdrive pedals depending on the song. So you are not gonna capture their sound with one single pedal.

A lot of their distortion sounded very much like the tones the Smashing Pumpkins used to use, very high gain. I would look at the Electro Harmonix pedals, that's what the SP used.

Electro Harmonix Metal Muff

Listen to the clips, this is a very high gain pedal.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote