Clear all

Traynor ycv20-wr

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@arcmage)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I have seen many mixed reviews of these amps and do not have a local shop with one in stock. I may order one from a local dealer, but would like some feedback on these if anyone here owns one or has hands on experience there. Here is a link http://www.yorkville.com/products.asp?type=32&cat=18&id=251
Of course I will try it out before I decide to buy.
Thanks

(@97reb)
Noble Member

Looks good to me. From what I have read (no personal experience) the Celestion Greenback is a very good speaker for a tube amp.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I haven't played one own so I can offer an opinion on that. However I did look over the specs for it and they have done their home work in building that amp. I'm sure with great reputation the company has the amp will be eveything they say it is. Have fun with it.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@thectrain)
Estimable Member

Well I dont know about the YCV20, but the YCV 40 is an incredible amp. My friend has one and it sounds incredible on clean and has a nice fender overdrive on it. The only "problem" with it is that it is sooo loud. At 1 on volume and gain it is loud, any higher is gets ear splitting. But if the YCV 20 is anything like the YCV40 I would recommend it.

ReplyQuote
(@arcmage)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the input guys. I think I will probably order one at the end of the month and try it out. The local dealer seems quite confident that if I don't like it he can sell it quickly enough.

ReplyQuote