Clear all

tubescreamer repair?

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@wishiwasthebest)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

so i have acquired a tubescreamer (with ashbass mod), and for the glimpse of play i got out of it, it was amazing! but...now it hardly works. I think it has something to do with the jacks, moreso the input one, as by moving the cable around in the jack it works, then when i set the pedal on the ground it does not. I tried tightening the jack, but did not help for long. I know the cable is good, and i tried others....

is there a easy solution or am i better off trying to find a repairman who can diagnose?

RIP Dimebag

(@leear)
Honorable Member

i don't want to sound like an @$$ here so forgive me if it comes out that way....

buy a new one and mod it...... u probably come off cheaper, cuz that one once u pay for the repair is liable to break again.......

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

ReplyQuote
(@wishiwasthebest)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

u didnt come off as one at all!

thanks, i was afraid of that answer tho...poo.

thanks tho

RIP Dimebag

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Open it up and see if the wires or something is loose. Perhaps the part of the jack isn't making good contact with the cable end.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@timezone)
Estimable Member

Check if you have any bare ground wires kicking around in there. If, when you put the guitar cable into the jack, the tip somehow hits a bare ground wire, the signal from the guitar will go straight to ground, and not go through the effect at all. I've had this problem w/ my pedals sometimes. It's what I get for trying to build my own equipment I guess...

TZ

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

my first tubescreamer shorted out soon after the warranty ended. it turned out to be the footswitch. I have learned thet were notoriously bad. I had it repaired for around thirty five dollars. it works great now.

so dont give up on yours yet.
and since it was modded, perhaps a wire came loose, as the way you describe your short, it sounds like it.
there isnt much room inside. take it to repair. it's worth it.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote