Notifications
Clear all

Used HRD?

17 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Yes, the Blues Deluxe reissue is an excellent amp. It is really very similar to an HRD. The Blues Deluxe was one of Fender's most popular amps. In the 90's Fender came out with the "Hot Rod" which was supposed to be a souped-up version of the Blues Deluxe, the Drive channels had far more Gain. Problem is, most folks preferred the milder breakup of the Blues Deluxe and did not really care for the Drive channels of the HRD. The HRD is popular for it's great clean channel, probably the best in it's price range. You would have to probably pay double to get an amp with a better clean.

But the Drive channels on the Blues Deluxe are very good. It is a very mild Blues type breakup. But you can still get modern distortions or overdrives with a pedal through the clean channel.

The Blues Deluxe will be very loud like the HRD. They are basically the same amp except for the Drive channels.

Another amp with a great clean channel to look at is the Peavey Classic 30, excellent amp.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Wes, I found out exactly what you were talking about this morning. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! That was it. Easy choice. No doubt about it. I'm posting a new gear thread in the guitar player's section soon.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2