12 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
12.5 K Views
(@dennisf6)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Advice for a newbie requested.
I just got a Vox AD30VT. I'm pretty overwhelmed by all the options.
Can someone recommend a few simple settings?
I mostly play (well, try to play) blues and classic rock. I rarely play loud since there are almost always other people around. Mostly playing on a Koa Strat. If I had to pick just one kind of tone I'd like it would be a hot blues tone - ala BB King, Buddy Guy, Albert King,...

I know I need to read the manual and, mainly, to experiment. It just seems like it will take YEARS to explore all the options. I'm just looking for a starting point.

Thanks!

I want to play guitar very badly -
and I do!

Jay1
(@jay1)
Trusted Member

Hi mate. Good choice i've recently got one of these and it's great. Like you say though there are a hell of a lot of settings on there you can play with. Definately worth copying some of the settings sheets out of the maual for filling in when you find a sound you really like.

For a bit of help here are a couple of really good sites with some setups. Some have audio files too which are really helpfull. I particularly like the 2nd site. The Jukebox feature is good.

http://www.patchtronix.com/

http://www.valvetronix.net/valvetronix/DA15/AD15-30-50-100/model_1_date_1.html

Hope that helps
Jon

ReplyQuote
(@dennisf6)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Jon, that was JUST what I needed!
The Jukebox at the Valvetronix site is awesome... they couldn't make it any easier. I've got a great start now.
Thanks again!
:D

I want to play guitar very badly -
and I do!

ReplyQuote
 Jay1
(@jay1)
Trusted Member

No probs bud

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

What a fantastic link that is Jay 1.

Some of the SRV settings are spot on also the Santana and Queen ones. I think I will be spending some time there :wink:

Brilliant link,

Thanks !!

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@kaspen)
Trusted Member

I found that I really dig the Vox models the best. In my band I use the Ac30TB with a tubescreamer for the solos. I never heard a bad word about my tone, ever.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

You cannot go wrong with a VOX. My Korg modeller is permanently set to the AC30TB setting.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Great question and great links! Thanks for both. :D 8)

I've got an AD30VT.... I've printed out a bunch of settings sheets... done everything but actually work through the settings! :oops:

Excellent to have some experienced tips to try out.

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@big-ed)
Eminent Member

I've had my AD15 and just found this. What a help!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW-What a Ride!" --Anonymous

ReplyQuote
(@big-ed)
Eminent Member

Sorry my typing is as bad as my guitar playing. I've had the amp for 2 weeks. I have not played an electric much. This sure is fun.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW-What a Ride!" --Anonymous

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Starting point: all knobs to center position, chose the UK80, AC30 or Tweed sims, these will go from very clean to hi-gain. No set the gain to what you want. MAke any EQ adjustments if needed. Add some reverb. Done.

ReplyQuote
(@big-ed)
Eminent Member

Thanks Sleutelbos. That sounds good. I thinks alot or most of my playing will be very close to what you suggest. But I have a new toy and it is fun to play with the effects. I'm impressed at what you get and the effects in a under $200 amp.

ReplyQuote