VOX AD30VT

23 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@amazing_ness)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

What do you guys think about this amp?
I really liked the sounds. And I can remedy the sub-par distortion with my DS-1. But I heard that it is manufactured poorly and will break easy.

And I just wanted the *professional* opinions of you guys here.

Thanks.

Hey.

(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

eeeh, the DS1, IMO doesnt sound so great with that amp. I have both items.

I haven't had the amp break yet...feels solid.

the best way to get a good sound, overdriven or clean, is to bypass the presets and use each amp's EQ individually. It's like having 11 amps and you can get heavy OD on most any model. I've found the DS1 sounds pretty good on the Tweed model.

Overall it's a great amp. I love it, have had it for over a year.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

I've only just got mine so I don't know much about it yet.

You can find user-made presets etc. for it over at the Valvetronix forum.

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

ReplyQuote
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member

I have one - sounds great, +1 for the settings at valvetronix.net. Mines good and solid, no problems, use the BTQ Clean and Fender twin/tweed settings for clean. AC30 for Crunch and the Marshall 80's/Modern for drive :twisted: . I found at low volume the power control on the back muddies the tone a bit so now leave it on full and use the master volume (in reverse to what the manual would suggest :roll: )

I like it!

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I like mine sometimes as a stand alone practice amp. Sometimes I run my guitar thru my Boss-ME50 and split it to the Vox and a Marshall 30 Watt Combo also. The Vox seems good for a more full "bass" tone and the Marshall is better for getting a bright "treble" tone. Used in conjunction, I seem to get a nicely rounded sound.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, it's a bit heavy on the bass. Anyway, for anything up to hardrock the Vox will be fine. For the gainier stuff the DS1 aint that kinky anyway. As for being fragile, the input jack is kinda flimsy. So don't stomp on it too much.

ReplyQuote
(@stratocaster54)

I really like this amp. The amp models may not sound 100% like the amps indicated on the dial, but they're very close. For me, just having the AC15 and AC30TB sellections made it well worth the price. I purchased this because I've gotten so much use from a VOX DA5 I got a few months ago, it seemed a bigger version would be even more useful. It did not disappoint. One more thing; it's not difficult to use, but read the manual, and don't be afraid to play with the controls.

ReplyQuote
(@scott58)
Trusted Member

That's going to be my next purchase also. My Dean sounds great with that amp.

Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean 79 ML (silverBurst) Dean 79 ML Arctic White
Dean V-Wing Dove
Wampler SuperPlextortion - Skreddy Lunar Module
Peavey Transtube 110 EFX - Vox DA20 - Valve Jr Head/Cab
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
H2O Chorus/Echo

ReplyQuote
(@hiram)
Trusted Member

I've had a AD30VT for two months now and although I'm electric guitar newbie I find a new sound everyday. Like someone said don't be afraid to mess with the dials. First read the manual, then read it again, when you think you understand everything, read it again. I've heard bad reviews of these but something must of changed as of late because mine works great.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I've heard bad reviews of these

Most people just don't know what they're saying. They sit in a store, try some presets, can't figure out how manual mode work and get frustrated.

ReplyQuote
(@scott58)
Trusted Member

There's a new XL model out. Got a 12" speaker instead of a 10". Suppose to address a harder medal tone. Gonna check it out in Lansing next week.

Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean 79 ML (silverBurst) Dean 79 ML Arctic White
Dean V-Wing Dove
Wampler SuperPlextortion - Skreddy Lunar Module
Peavey Transtube 110 EFX - Vox DA20 - Valve Jr Head/Cab
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
H2O Chorus/Echo

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VTXL30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483004

that link for the XL. Seems like an interesting idea. But everybody is always coming out with new amps.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

There's a new XL model out. Got a 12" speaker instead of a 10".

I'm trying to find out when these will be available in Australia. The AD50VT-XL has two 12" speakers.

I bought an AD30VT a six weeks ago and love it. Haven't turned any of my other amps on since.

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member

Just picked one (Vox AD30VT) up in Sydney for $375.00 with a foot switch thrown in for free, RRP $499.00 next best price I could find was $424.00 and hour drive away.
Got it a Turramurra Music Centre http://www.turramusic.com.au/Pages/Home.aspx The thing is there was none on their web site but I rung them anyway.... (picking it up on Saturday)

Let your fingers do the walking :D

Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

Just picked one (Vox AD30VT) up in Sydney for $375.00 with a foot switch thrown in for free

That's what I paid for mine from Haworth Guitars in Kiama, Keith, plus $30 shipping. I also got the free footswitch which sell for $50 or so.

I wonder if they are clearing stock before the XL arrives even though they more complement each than compete.

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2