Clear all

wanting to mike my amp

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jacko23)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

just for home use.... i have a marshall dxm30r or whatever the h*ll it is (i never remember unless im LOOKING at it) and a semi-old randall rg30 amp. i love the sound i get with the marshall, and ive never miked it, but i used to use the randall to mike up and old peavy amp i was borrowing from a friend. if i was to mike up the marshall through the randall, what would be the best way to do it w/o having to control the volume in the apartment? i love being able to play out of 2 amps. especially if the 2nd's clean channel is as clean as this one. little help here.....

(@97reb)
Noble Member

I guess you could mic the Marshall, or you could get an ABY pedal. Then your guitar would go to the ABY and split the signal to Either amp A (Marshall), amp B (Randall), or Y (both). The ABY could be the last pedal in a chain of effects or you could run into the ABY first and run different effects into different amps.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@jacko23)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

very good point. i honestly didnt think about that. i havent used the randall in a couple years, but the last time i did, i had it miked, so that was in my head. i totally didnt even think about an ABY pedal. good thinking!

ReplyQuote