Clear all

Would I Be Crazy If.....

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I pass up the chance to buy a new Blues Deluxe for $50 more than a Blues Jr. NOS? I realize 40 watts is a lot compared to the 15 watts for the Jr., but I just can't help thinking that I would be sorry for passing it up. Is it possible to play a Deluxe at home (possibly basement) volumes? Or is it overkill? Right now I don't gig, and I really don't see that in the near future. Maybe jamming with some other noobs at home, but no shows.

Jim

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Jim

Well, the Blues Jr. is surprisingly loud too, you can't really crank it at home either. Now, get out in a club or Open Mic, then you can open the Blues Jr up, and it is a great sounding amp. The Blues Deluxe is a great amp too. These amps are super loud, it is difficult to open them up anywhere, but they do not have to be fully cranked to sound good.

If you know for certain you are going to be playing around the house, or maybe an occasional jam with friends or hit the Open Mic, go for the Blues Jr, it is far easier to move around. :wink:

Edit- check this site out, this fellow has several demos of the Blues Jr with Jensen speaker. :D

http://www.steviesnacks.com/2007/11/14/fender-blues-junior-demo-tone/

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@quarterfront)
Reputable Member

40w. is a lot....

I have a Tweed Deluxe (@ 18w) and a BF Deluxe Reverb (@22w) and I can't turn either of them above 7 w/out putting them in a closet with the door most of the way closed, and and then only when my wife is at work. 15w is plenty....

OTOH, I have a friend who says "That's what packing blankets were made for"....

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the link and the advice as usual, Wes! I just hated the thought of the chance to get that much more amp for $50 and passing it up. Seems like I'm always thinking, "Man, I coulda, shoulda, woulda......" :cry:

I guess as the saying goes, "Less is more."

Thanks to you too, quarterfront!

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Everyone knows that the only true answer is, "one of each". What's going on around here???? :lol: :lol:

So, I've got the Blues Deluxe. I KNOW I don't utilize it like it can be used. However, in doing the low volume comparisons, I fell in love with it still. It might change as I gt into heavier playing, but that's where I'm at right now. It's just got an incredible clean tone.....even with me playing it.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote