Clear all

Wow! an affordable Marshall!

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I can't believe it, Marshall is coming out with an all tube 40 watt and 15 watt amp called the Haze. And the price is less than a Fender!

Marshall Haze 40 watt

This just went to the top of my wish list. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

does Fender make any of its tube amps in Asia?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

That looks like an awesome amp. I'll be making a special trip to GC to check one out. 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I'd be curious to hear someone here review it and compare it to the HRD or BDRI.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Marshall Haze Demo Pt 1

Marshall Haze Demo Pt 2

Quickly rising to the top of my wish list too! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@gabba-gabba-hey)
Reputable Member

Marshall is coming out with an all tube 40 watt and 15 watt amp called the Haze.

I may be missing something, but where is the 15 watter?

Man, the 40 has some really nice features! Just gonna be way too loud for me; wish they had built a power soak into it, but I suppose it's more for gigging than for recording or low-volume use.

EDIT: Never mind; I found the 15; just a head, and no fx loop or line out like on the 40:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-Haze-MHZ15-15W-Tube-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=581909

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I wouldn't worry about it being too loud, Marshalls do not get loud super fast like a Fender. You could easily use this at home.

My concern is that the clean channel will not stay clean to gig volume. I watched the videos at Marshall and the clean channel starts breaking up around 3 which seems a little low. I have a 40 watt Marshall DSL combo, it will stay clean up to about 5 (out of 10). I have used the DSL401 for gigs and it was plenty loud for most gigs. The DSL401 has a Master volume however which makes a difference, this new amp does not.

I am still very interested as this is a EL34 tube amp, so it will get the real tone of a Marshall, plus it is closed back.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Or, if you don't mind purple, Musician's Friend has a Marshall half stack for about half price ($549.99).

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG100HDFXMG412A-Strt-Purp-Half-Stack?sku=500394&src ="3TP9EC&ZYXSEM=0"

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote