Notifications
Clear all

A shout-out from the backwoods of North Carolina

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@jamesmoody)
Topic starter

My name is James, I'm 17, and I live in the beautiful woods of North Carolina. It's great to live where you can go outside, look at the trees, hear the birds, feel the pleasantly strong wind, and play music while relaxing.

I started playing the guitar near the end of January this year. One of my mother's most favorite songs is O' Danny Boy. I decided I was going to learn it by March 20th (my mother's birthday) to surprise her. I did. I've come from not knowing what a chord was, to writing my own songs (well, actually only one real song, and it is still under construction) since January, with no formal, and very little informal, teaching.

Since I have started playing the guitar I've come to love every second I can spend with it. I now wish I had started back when my parents originally bought me my guitar. If I had, my grandfather would have been able to show me how they used to play it in his day.

Also, I want to throw in that this is an awesome site. I wish I would have found it earlier in my learning.

You're free cheesy bread! Free, free!

Posted : 27/10/2008 5:00 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, James! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 27/10/2008 5:33 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard James! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 29/10/2008 7:06 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

I'm in Oz...and my neighbour's from rural NC. Vice President of the area's gun club, too!!! So, yeah! Welcome...

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 01/11/2008 7:48 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 10/11/2008 7:50 am