Clear all

Anarchy in the UK...........

11 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@wysiwyg)
Topic starter

:D So glad I found this site and the forum - it rocks :D

Hi to everyone here - I'm Andy and I'm from the UK. Im a late starter - 38 when I picked up a real axe about 6 weeks ago. I'm lucky enough to have a brother who is quite a bit better than I am at the mo and he pointed out to me that an axe has no musical qualities and it was actually a guitar that I was looking for. :roll:

If anyone wants any further inspiration - I'm a paraplegic and play my guitar sat down always (obviously - doh! :roll: ) It has its own set of amusing "adjustments" required to play and feel comfortable but i'm totally addicted and determined to improve :)

I am a Heavy Metal fan - some of the more recent indie thrash and death metal from Europe really does for me - also being a techie by trade I am seriously into recording and electronics and all that stuff as well - so.... HM with drum machines... kinda cute :D

Fortunately I was dragged up to have a wide appreciation of music so I can still hear things having rested my ears regularly from Heavy Metal to listen to lots of other genres including classical, country, hip-hop/RnB, punk, alternative rock and blues.

I WANNA PLAY THEM ALL - MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Wysi ;)

Anyone can play guitar, and they wont be a nothing anymore - Radiohead.

Posted : 19/02/2006 10:07 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN, Wysiwyg! This is, indeed, a great site and the forums are populated by great people, too, always ready to help or answer questions or just shoot the youknowwhat. We're one, big, happy family here and we're always ready to welcome one more guitar player, no matter at what level you happen to be! Once again, welcome! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 19/02/2006 10:47 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Good for you, Wysiwyg!!!

Whereabouts in the NW are you from? I'm half-way between Liverpool and Manchester, and there are a couple of Wiganers about.....

Welcome indeed to GN.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 19/02/2006 10:58 pm
(@wysiwyg)
Topic starter

From Chorley Vic

Know your bit quite well though because I work in Warrington ;)

Ta for the welcome :)

Anyone can play guitar, and they wont be a nothing anymore - Radiohead.

Posted : 19/02/2006 11:12 pm
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Hey welcome here Wysiwyg,

Good to see Vic has got someone else on GN in his neck of the woods now!

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

Posted : 20/02/2006 8:47 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Wlcome aboard Wysi!! Record and post away!! You notice alot of us like to listen to others stuff and see pretty pics of their guitars. It feeds the GAS beast.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 21/02/2006 9:54 am
(@rocker)
Noble Member

welcome to gn 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 21/02/2006 11:10 am
(@alangreen)

Good to see Vic has got someone else on GN in his neck of the woods now!

Well, Vic needs some new friends.

Welcome to the party wysiwyg. Stick around, we think you'll like it here

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 21/02/2006 12:09 pm
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

Welcome wysiwyg!

Posted : 21/02/2006 5:06 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome Andy!
:D
Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 22/02/2006 1:48 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 22/02/2006 10:52 am