Clear all

Another middle aged newb..sort of

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@art_g)
Topic starter

Hi everybody! My name is Art.
Back in 1981, I taught myself to play bass by playing along to the radio and records with an old Univox fretless beatle bass. I've always played entirely by ear, feel, and building a vocabulary of patterns that work with most rock and blues tunes. For many years, that has kept me happy.
Then in the mid-1990's, I burned out on the scene in the town where I lived and quit playing in bands.
A few years ago, I pulled my bass out of its case and started playing again at home. I was pretty much nearly as good as I was BITD. I quickly became bored with my old vocabulary of bass grooves and decided that I needed to light a new spark.
I purchased an electric guitar and a small amp. I have bounced around from one online lesson plan/school to another over the years and most recently have found myself starting over at the Justinguitar site. Wish I had started there in the first place.
Anyway, here I sit. A 54-year-old beginner guitarist with dreams of playing guitar live without being booed or laughed at.
Just North of Austin, Texas. Cheers!

Posted : 06/11/2018 1:06 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 06/11/2018 8:05 pm