Clear all

Another newbie here

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@tired_guitarist)
Topic starter

Hey folks,
my name is Drew, and I have been learning guitar for almost 2 years. I had played bass and dabbled in guitar for several years beforehand, but I took it up seriously after a break of 6 years or so. I found this forum while I was looking for inspiration, as I have hit a bit of a down period, not really wanting to play anymore, so I'm hoping that spending some time talking to other people who have had similar experience will be a great help! And also just to chat about guitar in general :D

Drew :)

Posted : 08/12/2010 11:08 pm
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome aboard!!!

Posted : 09/12/2010 1:34 am
 Crow
(@crow)
Honorable Member

Hey TG,

Welcome, and I'm sure you will find innumerable sources of inspiration on these boards. We've all been through slumps. My top-of-the-head suggestion: Find a song you absolutely love, and set out to learn it. A firm, fixed goal can make the tedium of practice seem worthwhile. (My goal was the "Deer Hunter" theme, the "Cavatina" by Stanley Myers. I still can't play it, but I learned a lot in the effort.)

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream." - Frank Zappa

Posted : 09/12/2010 3:43 pm
(@tired_guitarist)
Topic starter

Hey guys thanks for the kind welcome, that is a good idea, I have had a listen through some songs I like to try and get my brain working. I think I possibly made the mistake of practising too intensely, maybe I took the fun out of it? I dunno, learning guitar is all peaks and valleys I suppose :)

Drew

Posted : 17/12/2010 12:37 am