Clear all

Beginner From Mac-town

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@guitar_samurai)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I'm 21, I go to school at Linfield in McMinnville, OR, and I'm a third year Religious Studies major. I've only been playing for a couple days on an acoustic that I borrowed from a friend. I've wanted to learn for a while, convinced my parents to buy me an electric when I was in my mid-teens, but never got around to actually learning anything. I'm taking lessons through the college now, and wishing the class met more than once a week. I actually picked up a beginner's book to supplement the lessons because I got bored of strumming cords. I've got stiff fingers, and I swear I'm tone deaf, so learning is going to be fun, but thats part of why I'm doing it, not to mention the fact that I've wanted to get back into music since I stopped playing the piano years ago. Anyway, I guess I'll stop now before I start rambling, if I haven't already, lol.

Posted : 18/02/2008 6:32 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 18/02/2008 8:51 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 18/02/2008 10:20 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Guitar Samurai! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 18/02/2008 4:37 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 19/02/2008 3:47 am
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Welcome to GN.

I think we might be neighbors.. I live down in Salem.......:)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

Posted : 19/02/2008 7:33 am
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome! :)

Posted : 19/02/2008 11:28 am