Clear all

Better late than never

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@sparky1ma)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I've been lurking around for a while now, I guess I should introduce myself.
My name is Rich, I'm 37. I live in central Illinois. I tried (not real hard) to play back in my late teens and early 20's, but beer and women were more important at the time so I ended up hawking my guitar. About 3 years ago my son in law showed up at my house with Guitar Hero for PS2, that game is a blast, about a year later for my birthday my wife and granddaughter bought me a Les Paul Special II players pack(amp, tuner, strap, etc.). I wasn't sure how serious I was about it, I started learning out of a book that was from the 60's then eventually only played long enough to get frustrated and put it down for quite a while. Then lo and behold my son-in-law bought a new jackson and reinspired me. I decided I was going to get serious about guitar. I love my Les Paul, but I wasn't completely satisfied with it, I wanted a trem and single coils, so I bought a beautiful new MIM Fender Strat (which I love). Now I've got an instructor and am finally on the right track. I happened on to guitar noise by accident looking for easy songs. I love this site the people are very helpful the lessons are awesome.

I guess that's me. Rock on!!! 8)

Where am I going....and why am I in this hand basket?

Posted : 16/07/2008 2:56 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Welcome, sparky 1ma

Your story is a lot like many of ours here. You have come to the right place and sound like you'll fit in just fine.
Enjoy your stay. :)

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 16/07/2008 4:51 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 16/07/2008 8:49 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN, Sparky!

A lot of us here have a similar tale - started young, got frustrated, put it down, came back to it years later - although you're a bit young for the mid-life crisis, hits most of us in the early to mid-40's, although I suppose you might as well enjoy it while you're young!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 16/07/2008 11:05 pm
(@sparky1ma)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcome guys and gal. :)

I am glad to finally find a forum on the web that does not include flaming and insulting people as it's as it's only reason for exsisting.

It's nice to finally see a pic of Urban Cowgirl (you're a hottie :wink: :oops: )

vic-My 40's are getting closer everyday. I always figure that I'm to young for a mid-life crisis until I can afford to buy a porche, and thinking along those lines I probably won't go through it. (Not enough cash) :lol:

Where am I going....and why am I in this hand basket?

Posted : 17/07/2008 3:55 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN young'n! 8)

#4491....

Posted : 17/07/2008 4:07 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Thanks sparky. :oops:
Small pictures can hide a lot. :mrgreen:

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 17/07/2008 5:22 pm