Clear all

Craving Inspiration

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@bkangel)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Never let it be said I do things in a hurry.

Signed up at least six months ago, but finally writing an introduction!

I've been playing (for want of a better word) for a couple of years, and what I lack in natural talent I am hoping I will make up for in doggedness.

I have a nice nylon string, a steel string, a Fender Strat and just bought an electric bass because I thought it looked hot (yeah, maybe not a head decision, that one :roll: ).

Anyway, my biggest problem is that time is too short and I don't practice enough. However, I leave the guitars out on their stands so at least I pick them up a few times a week and have a little play, which is better than nothing (I tell myself).

I did have a teacher until the end of the year, but things got a bit shaky with work, so I am taking a bit of time off. I hope to make a lot of use of this site to help keep me (make me) focussed.

Oh, general stats: Australian (Sydney), female, finding out how much fun forty can be :lol:

So, hello! :mrgreen:

What I lack in talent and natural ability, I will have to make up with stubborness.

Posted : 23/02/2009 6:12 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 23/02/2009 10:56 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 13/03/2009 10:18 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Yes indeedy! :D
Very welcome . . . to GN :mrgreen:

KR2 8)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 13/03/2009 1:48 pm
(@bkangel)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thought it was about time for a re-introduction!

Still craving inspiration. And still hanging on to the idea of learning to play guitar.

How much can things change and still stay the same!

I have had about 18 months lay off from lessons, and have really fallen backwards with my guitar. But on the plus side, I've been working full-time for the last six months and have been able to buy a new guitar (for inspiration, of course :roll: ) and am about to start lessons with a new teacher.

I will definitely start posting up videos again on the Beginners Video link.

New baby:

What I lack in talent and natural ability, I will have to make up with stubborness.

Posted : 18/04/2010 10:48 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Very nice guitar! 8)

If that doesn't inspire you, time to take up the drums! :P

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 02/05/2010 12:11 pm