Notifications
Clear all

From Greenville, NC

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@frettinnoize)
Topic starter

Hey I'm new to this site. I live in Greenville going to East Carolina University, sophmore.
I had my first guitar lesson at a community arts program when I was 18, now I'm 20 and I've been picking up a little here and there. I'm taking an intro to classical guitar course at my school. We're working on a simple arpeggio type piece which I'm about to prctice in a little bit. I'm looking forward to getting my first electric guitar. I'm thinking about getting a Fender Starcaster since I am a beginner and I do not want to put out a lot for a guitar until develop my skill a little bit more. Do you guys think this is a good idea? Let me know. Also if anyone has any tips for playing blues styles I'd put them to good use.

Music is the only gospel that everybody know ~the inside of a 4th Ave. Jones CD notes

Posted : 12/10/2006 10:32 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN FrettinNoize! :D

Just my opinion, but I'd steer away from the Starcaster. You can get a nice Squier combo pack for about the same, but much better quality in my opinion. Gibson, Washburn, and a few others also make starter packs, (guitar, amp, strings, strap, stand, etc), that you may want to check out too.

Good luck on your classical piece. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 13/10/2006 1:43 am
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Welcome! I like what Dan said and might add to check out this site http://www.rondomusic.net/index.html
They have nice instruments at an inexpensive price. I have several of their guitars. So do many here. Check out some reviews at this site : http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar#manufacturer

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

Posted : 13/10/2006 3:14 pm