G'day, again...

15 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Back after quite some time. I actually got to miss the place...

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 17/12/2011 9:15 am
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Well I'm darned.... How are you? :)

It's probably not uncommon for members to disappear for quite a while (I certainly do ) but I did wonder whether you had gone for good.

Did you get your dream studio built, or did other plans intervene and steer the ship elsewhere? How's the young family members' band coming along?

Cheers,

Chris

Posted : 17/12/2011 12:00 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hiya, Chris. I missed lookin' at ch'yer front porch! I'm okay...NOW...but went through a Class A Number One Bummer in Widescreen, Technocolour and Dolby...including getting reamed, steamed, and even dry cleaned: divorced.

WHAT an ordeal! I mean, Vlaad The Impaler could've taken a lesson or two out of this...

Everything else took a back seat. Couldn't spend a dime, go anywhere (except the inward journey) and now need a massage therapist to unbend me out of the foetal position I got to like.

But! My older brother cheered me up with a new Firebird X. Wrote a great tune or two along the way with all that "you must suffer for your art" well and truly in play!

Me okay. My sarcastic wit in Sardonialand is now BACK!

Ha!

Posted : 17/12/2011 7:12 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Sorry about the divorce. I feel the same pain. Glad you're back. :)

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 17/12/2011 8:11 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hiya, Blue...

Look, if you are in the thick of it, please keep it in mind that it'll be over and done with in the fullness of time. I ain't gonna sugar coat it...truly, Vlaad The Impaler would give you an easier time of it.

BUT!!!

All of us on GN have been gifted something special, something magic: a love of six strings. If it weren't for my guitar, well, I dunno WHAT would have become of me.

Hit an E chord...and take it from there. There ain't much else, I'm afraid...

Commiserations,

Cat

Posted : 17/12/2011 9:05 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Is this the thread for guys going through a divorce? If so then I'm in the right place. This is #2 for me, and so far it hsn't been that bad but none are good and only time will tell. This is all supposed to be over on Jan 20th for me will see.

Well Cat good luck.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 19/12/2011 3:01 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

It could become the thread for guys going through a divorce. Man, how do you get it done so efficiently? Mine will take forever, and may cost everything. And what about a thread for guys going through a divorce, liking guitars and cars? I'd like to know where the guitars are at, and the Boxter? :? It was mentioned in another thread, getting me a little bit excited? :wink:

Like a bird on the wire,

Posted : 19/12/2011 5:36 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member
Topic starter

All my toys are gone. But my sanity is back. THANK GOD for copyrights. She couldn't attach anything I actually owned in that regard. Still...what has always been "mine" is the Happy Place given to me by six steel strings stretched over some wood and metal. For a time...a really long DARK time...I'd lurk over the GN site and would come away with the fact that "life goes on". There's a great bunch of folks on GN...

I did take a turn I am only now giving more attention to. I've recently gotten "into" Wagner's stuff...really sinister-sounding chordings that are becoming second nature to me. I'm talkin' WEIRD, sinister...even evil... stuff, matey. (Hitler loved it!) I wonder if there are any PhD's on this site that could explain to us where the music "comes from" in the first place...

About the divorce stuff...nah! Not here. Wrong place...

Cat

Posted : 19/12/2011 8:45 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Oh, maybe Wagner's atonality and genius were due in part to strong political and social (ist?) convictions, in which he was very political as well as philosophical; his father died while he was an infant, and he was raised in an area where he somehow developed strong anti Semitism. It doesn't say anywhere, but maybe he was a member of a secret Masonic or Vril society? :shock:

Like a bird on the wire,

Posted : 20/12/2011 12:30 am
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Blue Jay...yeah, he was warped by his family and by his social environment. Still...the power lurking in those errie chordings gives me goose bumps. Too bad he didn't have access to a good modern day six string!

Posted : 20/12/2011 4:11 am
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Is this the thread for guys going through a divorce? If so then I'm in the right place. This is #2 for me, and so far it hsn't been that bad but none are good and only time will tell. This is all supposed to be over on Jan 20th for me will see.

Well Cat good luck.

No kidding, you'd have been treated better by Vlaad The Impaler (AKA Count Dracula). Yep, #2 for me.

Benny Hill said it the best: "Single men wish they were married, married men wish they were dead!"

Learn from it. At least your axe'll never let you down...

Cat

Posted : 20/12/2011 4:16 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

:oops: Coming up on my 28th wedding anniversary this February. Can I still post here? :roll: :mrgreen: The kids have certainly made me old and gray if that accounts for anything though. :? Sorry about the rough luck guys. Hang in there!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 24/12/2011 4:21 am
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hey...this is cool to hear. I know it happens out there somewhere. Got heaps of song material out of it, at least.

Eh...such is life! Tune up, strum slowly over an E to see if yer in tune...then take it from there. It's a great life-lesson metaphor.

Bah & humbug, everybody!!!

Cat :lol:

Posted : 24/12/2011 10:50 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Welcome back Cat.

By the way, after 23 years I'm still married to the first wife. I think it's only because it's way too much effort to get in shape to be naked in front of someone new.

Posted : 24/12/2011 11:24 am
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks for that. Geez...it was BANG ON 23 for me! Ha! Nah, good poop happens to people. I've seen it.

From now on...I'm retired and chasing after a Grammy with a good bunch of people...

Merry Christmas, Nick!

Hey! It must be a good day for someone with that name!

Meow Man

Posted : 24/12/2011 12:18 pm