G'day from Aus

27 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@marcusmd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hey there guys

Just thought I'd say g'day as I am a newbie!

Live in Sydney and Scone (country NSW), have just bought a Martin Tenor Guitar (yet to find a teacher in Aus) and work in a Venture Philantrophy business that helps provide jobs for the marginalised and refugees.

If you are a Tenor G let me know as I have heaps to learn...can tune it which is a good start. Once I am on the job I will be off to the beach to surf and have a play

M

Posted : 15/08/2008 3:44 am
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Oi! Cobber! I'm off in NSW as well...behind Nimbin in the QLD/NSW border ranges...tucked below Springbrook.

You found a great site, mate!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 15/08/2008 5:57 am
(@marcusmd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Know it well!

Got any idea who teaches the Tenor Guitar?

What stuff do you play...

M

Posted : 15/08/2008 6:21 am
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

My first place in Oz was near you in Sydney...Cremorne Point. Had a schooner off Snapper Lane at Whale Beach..."Cat's Paw". (Sea air RUINS guitars, by the way!)

Can't help you with the Martin tenor...I've got a Martin...maybe I should look in the sound hole to see which model. GREAT sound...CRAP playability. But be patient...someone on this site knows something about "everything guitar'!

Cat

PS: it's freakin' COLD alluva sudden! Geez, Sydney just had SNOW!!! That's like snow in Miami!!!! (So much for Al Gore...)

Posted : 15/08/2008 7:23 am
(@marcusmd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Yep, just got back from Manly and it is a bit cool down here as well.

Got to meet a few of the boys (uke and bass players) for a surf in the morning. Lucky I carry a bit of insulation inside my wetty.

As a novice I reckon my Martin plays pretty well but actually know no better.

Have a good one

M

Posted : 15/08/2008 8:11 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Marcusmd! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 15/08/2008 7:09 pm
(@ness-k)
Estimable Member

Welcome Welcome

"The Beauty of Music is my Sanity. Without it, I would simply lose my gravity, and blow away with the breeze." - Ness K(Aka Matt Harris)

Posted : 15/08/2008 8:19 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Strewth, another Aussie! Flamin' heck, the rate you're going we'll all be speaking Strine this time next year!

Welcome to GN, Marcus!
PS: it's freakin' COLD alluva sudden! Geez, Sydney just had SNOW!!! That's like snow in Miami!!!! (So much for Al Gore...)

OK, OK, you pinched our British weather - can we have it back, please? It's supposed to be summer over here.....don't think I've ever known a wetter summer than this one, seems to be one rainy day after another....although Dogsbody and Rodders night disagree, this time last year half their area was under about 6 feet of water!

Send us some sunshine, lads....although on second thoughts, better not - if a large yellow ball suddenly appears in the sky over Britain, there'll be a UFO alert!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 15/08/2008 8:56 pm
(@marcusmd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Aussie Weather Report!

Sun shining, swell rolling into Manly, lots of touros wandering around thinking "is this winter"

Phelps killing them in the pool but look out for Hackett - our bloke plays the guitar not sure about Phelps tho!

Good news found a guy to show me the rudiments of the Tenor Guitar as well - hes Irish so maybe my accent will get better!!

M

Posted : 16/08/2008 12:36 am
(@combs)
Eminent Member

Welcome aboard

I'm in Perth. There seem to be a few posters from your neck of the woods, but I don't remember seeing any from mine. The weather has been all over the place over here as well. We had weeks of constant rain and big storms (very unusual). Now it is lovely autumn weather. Roll on summer, so I can get some sea breeze to windsurf on.

Good luck with your tennor. I haven't consiously heard one, but they must have a really nice sound.

Posted : 17/08/2008 12:06 pm
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hi marcusmd,
welcome to Guitarnoise
cheers
Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 17/08/2008 9:39 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 17/08/2008 9:53 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 17/08/2008 10:39 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Oi! Cobber!

Have no idea what I just said but I think I've learned a new way to greet people from Oz! Welcome to GN.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 19/08/2008 4:13 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Okay:

"Oi!" is the same (pretty much) as yelling "hey!"...and "cobber" is an old term meaning "buddy".

LISTEN to the bleechers over at the 'Lympics when the Aussies are in a game:

"Aussie, Aussie, Aussie...oi, oi, oi!"

Cat

Posted : 19/08/2008 10:22 pm
Page 1 / 2