Notifications
Clear all

Good day to you all...

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@dvorak)
Topic starter

Hello there everyone! I'm new here (I know that's obvious, but what else am I supposed to say?) and the first thing I figured I should to is head down to the Meet and Greet forum and introduce myself, although I'm a little shy.

I play acoustic guitar and have been learning on my own since I began playing a couple years ago. When I discovered Guitar Noise I was...well, I felt...inspired? No, the truth of it is that I clicked on one lesson and started reading, and kept reading, and came back the next day, and again after that.

RIght now I'd consider myself a beginner, although that's probably being modest. I play mainly chords and have just gotten into reading notes for guitar. I've been playing the piano for around 7 years, so my grasp of music theory and reading music gave me a head start learning guitar.

I hope I can contribute what little I know to this community, and thanks for everything you're doing for us!

Posted : 31/08/2009 9:00 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 31/08/2009 9:20 pm
(@dvorak)
Topic starter

You're on the ball, TwistedLefty. I've been watching you. Always one of the first to say hi to the new guy! Thanks!

Posted : 31/08/2009 9:29 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Hi, thank you for your detailed and interesting introduction, and welcome to the forum! :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 01/09/2009 3:56 am
(@maelendiir)
Eminent Member

Hello there!

Welcome to Guitar Noise! I'm also new to the guitar (read: 3 weeks) and this has to be the most helpful site by far!

Hope you enjoy your stay :note1:

Posted : 01/09/2009 5:05 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 01/09/2009 5:50 pm