Clear all

Greetings

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@tactful)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

My name is Mark and I am a refugee and former moderator from gutarnotes.com the other GN.no one really knows what happened but something has. which brings me here and one other place.I own three guitars.all electric.even the acoustic has a pre amp.
been playing many decades.first seventeen in bands I either started or joined.mostly a rocker/blues player.although still and always learning.you gotta love music.being it is a gift that keeps on giving.
hope to catch others from that or other forums here.Oh and actively participate. : )
M

Heroes Don't wear capes.They wear Dog tags

Posted : 09/05/2012 4:09 am
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Gidday...

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 09/05/2012 5:30 am
(@tactful)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Gidday...

CatThanks Cat.may I assume you are down under? had a band mate from Albany.another from Birminghan,UK.when those two got to talking it was a gas to listen to.
Mark

Posted : 09/05/2012 5:41 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Albany...in WA? Or NY??? Know them both.

The music scene here is GREAT. I'm an expat Yank and see that Australia has fostered many niche-industries all out of proportion to its' size. 22-ish million population the size of the US mainland...and plenty of starter-programs for music...heaps of yearly concert series ("opera in the vineyard"..."byron bay blues festival"...etc/etc).

My head-scratch is with all the Surf Culture here (HUGE!!!) there ain't much in the way of Beach Boys surfie-dude music...

So...great to see you settle in here on GN.

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 09/05/2012 6:59 pm
(@tactful)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Albany...in WA? Or NY??? Know them both.

The music scene here is GREAT. I'm an expat Yank and see that Australia has fostered many niche-industries all out of proportion to its' size. 22-ish million population the size of the US mainland...and plenty of starter-programs for music...heaps of yearly concert series ("opera in the vineyard"..."byron bay blues festival"...etc/etc).

My head-scratch is with all the Surf Culture here (HUGE!!!) there ain't much in the way of Beach Boys surfie-dude music...

So...great to see you settle in here on GN.

CatAlbany,AU;well southern Australia coastal town.I have heard my mate back in the day speak of their blues fests along with other goings on they had there I assume in the Perth area.not sure.not much in the way of surf music in these parts either.every once in awhile I do catch a Beach Boys or Ventures tune on fm.but live it is not found Yet.

if and when I can I will contribute knowledge from decades gone by.tried and true.
again Thanks Cat.
Mark

Posted : 09/05/2012 10:31 pm
(@mercymercy)

Hey, I'm Mercy Target. It's not pronounced how you think it is. It's more like...well...y'know how you think of fancy pronunciation and it's a joke? That's how you say the last name. Like "tar jay". Funny parents, y'know? Anyway, I play a Green Strat, Yamaha.

Posted : 14/05/2012 8:31 pm
(@tactful)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hey, I'm Mercy Target. It's not pronounced how you think it is. It's more like...well...y'know how you think of fancy pronunciation and it's a joke? That's how you say the last name. Like "tar jay". Funny parents, y'know? Anyway, I play a Green Strat, Yamaha.do I sense some French in your funny parents? Welcome.one of my guitars is a Black Fullerton ST4 strat.cranks as well as a friends Amer, Strat. remember it is a piece of wood and strings.good players can make any and every guitar sound good.Good,Bad or indifferent.

Posted : 15/05/2012 3:40 am