Clear all

Greetings...

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@colonel)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

First, let me say what a great site you've got here.
Three weeks ago I decided to finally do what I have been putting off for the past 35 years. I found my son's guitars in the basement where they have been sitting for the past 5 years, unused and dusty. So now I'm going to use them, after all, I bought 'em.
I'm slowly feeling my way around until I can find a good teacher in my area. I figure playing the guitar is like playing golf. If you don't start off with a good foundation, it screws your whole game up.
For now, thanks for the great information and advice.

Leadership is based on inspiration, not domination; on cooperation, not intimidation.

-- William Arthur Wood

Posted : 01/09/2006 4:39 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 01/09/2006 5:44 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I figure playing the guitar is like playing golf. If you don't start off with a good foundation, it screws your whole game up.
For now, thanks for the great information and advice.

How wise and true is that. Tell ya what.. I'll give ya the secret to success for playing the guitar. Its the no fail method. Take the statement you just made and get a great foundation and then have an attitude that you will never, for any reason, give up practicing the guitar. Then practice/play most every day for the rest of your life. You'll be AWSOME. Guaranteed.

Good luck and welcome
Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 01/09/2006 5:54 pm
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

That sounds like a great plan, listen to Jim for he is wise indeed.

Welcome to GN Colonel, hope to see you around the forums.

-Pet.

"We Are The Facilitators Of Our Own Creative Evolution".

Posted : 01/09/2006 6:17 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Colonel! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 01/09/2006 9:35 pm