Notifications
Clear all

Greetings!

16 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@mrzero)
Topic starter

Good Afternoon. I just registered and this is my first post. I haven't played for about 5 years but am starting to get that urge again. My gear situation right now is horrible - I have and old Danelctro DC-59 (one of the re-issues, not an original) and some no name acoustic that just happened to be lying around a friend's house unused. I am currently scouring for gear and will most likely be buying a new Ovation in the near future.

Glad to be a new member!

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, yet you still can't help
but smile when you see one tumble down a flight of stairs.

Posted : 16/07/2007 5:08 pm
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN, MrZero.

Good to have you aboard.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 16/07/2007 5:21 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Mr. Zero! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 16/07/2007 6:23 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN, MZ.

It's never too late to start playing and really never too late to restart. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 16/07/2007 8:36 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Good evening Mr Zero! :wink:

Welcome to GN!

Posted : 16/07/2007 9:26 pm
(@wylesmyde)
Estimable Member

Welcome aboard Mr. Zero. Are you related to Dr. No? :wink:

Wyle :)

Posted : 16/07/2007 9:54 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN, Mr Zero! You're in the right place to pick up some good advice for a born-again guitarist. I'd been playing for about 30 years and knew about 5 chords before I joined GN (although there were periods when I didn't play at all, and between about 1986 and 1995 I didn't even own a guitar.) Now I know, ooh, at least ten!

Good luck in your search for a new guitar! Let us know how you get on.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 16/07/2007 10:11 pm
(@mrzero)
Topic starter

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! For those that are interested, my screen name is related more to my other hobby - standing in front of 24 sq. ft area while allowing 5 people to fire 3"x1" frozen, vucanized rubber objects at my head - (ice hockey goalie :wink: ).

I've owned guitars off and on since I was twleve. I was actually in a local cover band in MA before LVS brought our fledgling stardom to a screaching halt :) When times were good my prized possesion was a Gibson Historic '59 reissue Les Paul. My Ovation double-neck acoustic ran close second.

Anyway - like I said, I'm slowly working my way back to some solo practice and maybe just some fun and open mic nights with someone who can sing. I know nobody wants to hear the howling that comes out of my mouth. Hell, I wasn't even allowed anywhere near a mic when I was gigging!

I look forward to being a member and hope to actually be able to contribute to the board once I'm done sponging off of it :wink:

Cheers!

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, yet you still can't help

Posted : 16/07/2007 11:28 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I look forward to being a member and hope to actually be able to contribute to the board once I'm done sponging off of it

You're half-way there already- you know how the site works. Take what you can, then give something back!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 16/07/2007 11:32 pm
(@voidious)
Estimable Member

Hey, welcome! I'm just settling in here myself - this is a mighty fine forum, I must say.

Sorry, I just have to ask - what's LVS? In my social circle, it means "La Villa Strangiato", the Rush instrumental =), but Googling brought up several things, none of them jumping out at me as the meaning you intended.

Cheers,

-- Voidious

Posted : 17/07/2007 12:40 am
(@mrzero)
Topic starter

Hey, welcome! I'm just settling in here myself - this is a mighty fine forum, I must say.

Sorry, I just have to ask - what's LVS? In my social circle, it means "La Villa Strangiato", the Rush instrumental =), but Googling brought up several things, none of them jumping out at me as the meaning you intended.

Cheers,

LVS = Lead Vocalist Syndrome. Here is a pretty good summation:

http://thehiddencity.com/read/021123skane.html

Posted : 17/07/2007 3:29 pm
(@denny)
Reputable Member

Hi MrZero. Welcome to GN.

Denny

Posted : 17/07/2007 3:38 pm
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Welcome Mr Zero, those Danelectros had something of a cult following.

Posted : 17/07/2007 8:27 pm
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

[LVS = Lead Vocalist Syndrome. Here is a pretty good summation:

http://thehiddencity.com/read/021123skane.html
Heh, I think I know that guy.
No, not the author, the guy he's talking about. :lol:

Welcome to GN.
With your history, you'll be in the "give something back" mode sooner than you think.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 17/07/2007 9:19 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 19/07/2007 10:19 pm
Page 1 / 2