Notifications
Clear all

Greetings from Detroit, Rock City ;)

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@t-bone)
Topic starter

Hi all, just found this place while seeking some info. Registered and looking forward to checking out all this site has to offer.

Please excuse the "borrowed" avatar (from another board, not my pic ;)). I'll replace it soon with pics of my own (don't have any of my guitars at the moment).

Been playing on and off since I was 14 (not counting the horrible lessons I had when I was about 8 ). That was many, many years ago :). Hadn't touched a guitar in a dozen or so years, discovered a really cool new Blues Club in the area, and artist by artist, I got the urge to play again. One young man totally inspired me, and I picked up a used Vintage Reissue Stratocaster. That was two Stratocasters ago (obviously my favorite), so now I'm up to three (still have a couple of real nice acoustics, one nearing 20 years old, the other is a vintage of 65 years!). If I could just get to playing where I'm happy with it (less internet time, more playing time I think).

But there are some great resources here, and I'm looking forward to working through some of the lessons to fill in knowledge gaps (gaping holes?) left by my sporadic/largely self taught training.

Came here seeking info on some pedals, as I've been picking up a few lately. Will go to the "From Here To There" Forum to write that thread now. Thanks for reading!

"If you don't know the blues... there's no point in picking up the guitar and playing rock and roll or any other form of popular music".
Keith Richards

Posted : 03/05/2010 3:12 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard T Bone! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 09/05/2010 1:07 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Hi T Bone. And welcome greetings! :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 09/05/2010 2:14 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

T bone - we've had a good thread going on pedals, and I'm learning alot. How's it going in the Motor City? :wink:

Like a bird on the wire,

Posted : 01/06/2010 1:36 pm
(@t-bone)
Topic starter

T bone - we've had a good thread going on pedals, and I'm learning alot. How's it going in the Motor City? :wink:
Well, no work, but speaking of pedals... Just got done testing the set up on my new Pedaltrain PT2! Awesome board, I've packed on some great stuff. Unfortunately, one of the vintage pedals, a 1981 Electro-Harmonix Soul Preacher seems to be acting up. Blocking the signal intermittently. Still, with everything on the board, I expected a glitch or two. I'll head over to the "From Here to There" Forum a bit later tonight and check out the pedal thread. Maybe I'll throw in something about my rig, see if anyone has any ideas. (Ironic timing that I checked in today, haven't been here in a week or two!).

"If you don't know the blues... there's no point in picking up the guitar and playing rock and roll or any other form of popular music".
Keith Richards

Posted : 01/06/2010 8:32 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Excellent, and very cool! Thanks for checkin' in. Good to hear from you.

Like a bird on the wire,

Posted : 01/06/2010 11:24 pm