Notifications
Clear all

Greetings from Kansas!

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@encolpius)
Topic starter

I generally just lurk around message boards, but I have decided to take the plunge and actually post. Whoa. I'm finishing up college here at KU in Lawrence and am about two and a half months into playing the guitar--I bought it for several reasons: Matthew Bellamy from Muse, the song 'Cliffs of Dover', Matthew Bellamy, the sad fact I could play every song on expert on Guitar Hero 3, and Matthew Bellamy. Did I mention...Matthew Bellamy?

So I bought a telecaster and have since become an avid reader of everything here, along with playing several hours a day...I'm currently in the process of learning several songs, from "Tangled Up In Blue" (thank you GN)to "Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles to "Benighted" by Opeth (which I recommend everyone listen to). It's funny how the guitar works...I spent a day having an exercise in frustration with the opening to "Here Comes the Sun", put it aside, and two days later played it faster and more accurate the first time I tried it. I love how that happens.

I've so far been playing guitar alone, but I'll be pretty free this summer here in Lawrence. I'll always be up for playing with another beginner, or, well, anyone, sometime. Righty-o, time to go crunch some more scales...
-Enco

Posted : 28/03/2008 4:19 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Encolpius! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 28/03/2008 6:09 am
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN!
Cheers! :)

Posted : 28/03/2008 10:17 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Howdy. Say, listen...its been a long standing rule here at GN that if you mention the name "Matthew Bellamy" more that twice in one post, you have to give every member of GN, $1 US dollar. I will send you my address soon. :wink:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 29/03/2008 12:51 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!
i'm just across the border in "alka-seltzer" springs (north of Liberty)

#4491....

Posted : 01/04/2008 12:03 pm