Greetings from Slovakia

10 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@shinnoki)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

S'up.
I would like to greet everyone. I am totally new to electric guitar-playing. I am about to buy a guitar set. I am getting fed up with acoustic guitars because i am hard metal fan and i would like to start playing metal (oh dear).
I know i cannot expect to be a pro player in a few days, that's okay, i have patience.
Anyways. It's good to find a guitar-playing community to stick with, hopefully i found one right now.

Posted : 12/07/2006 8:50 pm
(@ricola)
Estimable Member

Hey Shinnoki, welcome to GN! I'm an acoustic player although I love good metal too. Good luck with the electric and see you around!

Psa. 42:8
By day the LORD commands his steadfast love,
and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life.

Posted : 13/07/2006 2:37 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN!

Good luck on your search for an electric guitar.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 13/07/2006 2:39 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Shinnoki! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 13/07/2006 7:18 pm
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

Hi, nice to have you here. see you around the forums. :)

Posted : 13/07/2006 9:19 pm
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member

It is always good to have another patient musician around here, see you around the forums.

Guitars: Electric: Jackson DX10D, J. Reynolds Fat Strat copy
Acoustic: New York and a Jasmine.
Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.
Effects: Digitech Whammy, Big Muff Pi USA, MXR, Washburn Distortion.

Posted : 21/07/2006 4:20 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Where in Slovakia?

What guitar do you play now?

Posted : 21/07/2006 2:15 pm
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Welcome, Metalian. You'll see a few of us here into metal. The whole community is diverse, as it should be. Patience is good, as is an open mind. Rock on, Shinnoki!!!!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

Posted : 21/07/2006 2:18 pm
(@guitarteacher)
Trusted Member

I learned to play acoustic guitar as a teenager and did a stint on a Les Paul Custom in a garage band in High School, so I am not your typical uptight classical musician. I've been blessed to be able to make my living teaching classical and acoustic guitar for the past 23 years and I hope I can contribute to an already wonderfully informative site.

Cheers!

Thomas Coffey

If you want to be good, practice. If you want to be great, you must constantly change the way you think.

Posted : 26/07/2006 6:54 pm
(@guitarteacher)
Trusted Member

Doh!, Sorry Slovakia. Didn't mean to highjack your greetings. The guitar thing I have down, the internet - not so much. My bad. And Welcome!

If you want to be good, practice. If you want to be great, you must constantly change the way you think.

Posted : 26/07/2006 7:00 pm