Notifications
Clear all

Hello!

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@country)
Topic starter

Hey Ya'll, I just found this site this morning and I already like it! It is very informative and already have picked up on a few things. First off my name is Zach and I am 25. I am from the midwest USA. I have been playing guitar for around 10 years but still consider myself a beginner or an intermmediate because I mostly play chord country although the last couple of months I have been expanding out into the Texican Rock type. I have been a big fan of the Los Lonely Boys and have seen them live and now I am hooked. I try to play everyday but don't always get to unfortunately. I just started a new jobs that will allow me to play more (A Very Good Thing).
I have been a member of some other site but became frustrated at the fact that they often post up like crazy in the off topic which left people like me that are trying to be serious out for days before I could get a reply. All the other sites also allowed stuff that was way out of line and very inappropriate, especially since they had participants on the forums that were younger. Some even had post that classify as illegal and I do not want to be a part in that.

About my playing. Like I mentioned its pretty much all country and a little rock (fuel, Tantric - the old stuff before Hugo left). I am slowly (I mean S-L-O-W-L-Y getting to were I can figure out songs if I set long enough. I often have to ask friend hey does this sound right or have them show me. Most of the time I get it on my own. I like to sing and play but only at parties, I don't have any ambition to do it for a living, I simply do it because I enjoy it and not to mention its a great stress reliever now that I am good enough to just set down and play.

My Current Gear:
Takamine Jasmine Acoustic Guitar Dreadnought
Johnson Electric Guitar (Fender Strat Copy)
Behringer 15W amp
Boss Tuner
Digitech RP50 pedal. Works for now (I want a Digitech Expression Factory)

Zach

Posted : 26/10/2007 4:17 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Zach! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 26/10/2007 6:47 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 26/10/2007 11:02 pm
(@diatonick)

Welcome to this forum Zach. I am glad to note that you liked this forum. Keep reading and you will get empowered with great knowledge here.

-diatonick

Free Video Reviews of Guitar Software
http://www.bestguitarsoftware.com

Posted : 27/10/2007 9:52 am
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN! Enjoy your stay!
Cheers, katmetal :)

Posted : 27/10/2007 10:38 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!