Clear all

Hello

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@gasbag)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Just found this site and thought I would drop in. I am older than most in here most likely but have been playing for only about 10 months. I retired last year and always wanted to play guitar. I grabbed an old chinese strat copy out of a pawn shop for $25, complete with amp :oops: .
My kids bought me an Ovation Balladeer Special for Christmas and I am now taking lessons and having a great time. I finger pick only and think I am probably making average progress. I now belong to three guitar oriented forums as I have found I can learn almost as much by reading about others and their experiences and how they do things as I do when I practice. Either that or it is a reflection on how horrible a player I am. Either way I am having a great time and am hoping to learn well enough to play a recognizable song. Having a terminal case of performance anxiety doesn't help either.

So that just about sums me up----------old man, can't play very well, afraid to play for others, having one heck of a good time.

Posted : 30/03/2008 1:15 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Having fun & enjoying yourself is what guitar is all about. :D

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 30/03/2008 2:31 am
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay! :)
So that just about sums me up----------old man, can't play very well, afraid to play for others, having one heck of a good time.Sounds like that might make a great song lyric! :lol:

Posted : 30/03/2008 10:34 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Gasbag! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 30/03/2008 3:25 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 01/04/2008 12:00 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Howdy.
To become part of the "GN Old Fart Club", at a minimum, you have to state your age. Meetings are ay my house every third Thursday, every other month as long as it falls on an odd numbered day.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 03/04/2008 7:37 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN !

Posted : 20/04/2008 4:44 pm