Clear all

Hello

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@sansmerci)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hey everyone -- I'm new to this forum as well as new to playing the guitar; a few years ago I had the impulse to learn to play so went out and bought a beautiful green Westfield accoustic guitar from a local place ... unfortunately I knew nothing much at all about guitars. I nver got comfortable with the dreadnought that it was and it spend a lot of time languishing in its case. Recently moved house and decided I should give it a go again ... and the same thing happened. I made the decision to do something about it so took it along to my new local shop (great little place) and used it as a part-exchange towards something else....

I came home with a bright red metallic electric Washburn! Not much difference huh? Sure I looked at other acoustics, smaller than the one I'd had, but they didn't speak to me like my Washburn. Since I've had it it's been out at least a couple of hours every day. Besides, now I think I found the rebellious streak I didn't have as a teenager, I'd like to actually be able to play some rock music.

Signed up for a lesson a week with a tutor, only had one so far, and he asked me what kind of music I like -- well, I like lots of things. I like Rock, I like Metal, I like Folk, I like Classical ... it often depends on what kind of mood I'm in or what I'm doing.

When I'm not practcing with my guitar I love to write, draw, and play World of Warcraft. Oh yeah, as well as those things I'm a stay-at-home Mother/Homemaker. My son says 'Mamma Rock' -- not quite yet but I'm working on it :)

Nice to meet you all.

Posted : 05/04/2012 7:15 am
(@alangreen)

Welcome to the party. Washburn make excellent kit.

Do tell your tutor what you want to get out of lessons and what you want to be able to play. It'll pay dividends.

And do check out the lessons on this site. We have a whole bunch of pro musicians, teachers, music school owners and published guitar authors here; if we don't know the answer between us then we're all in trouble.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 05/04/2012 7:34 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Howdy! Welcome to GN.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 06/04/2012 3:03 am
(@sansmerci)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Seems that people around here are a friendly bunch ... and that I need to post more before I can send a personal reply to anyone :P

Posted : 07/04/2012 8:56 am
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Cat... :)

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 10/04/2012 10:27 am