Clear all

Hello All!

11 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@jimjam66)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I'm new around here. Also just getting back to the guitar after twenty years. Funny thing: I stopped playing guitar shortly after the wedding, and started again not too long after the divorce ... Coincidence??? :D

Well, my (new) wife very kindly bought me an Adamas 2080NWT as a gift, and ever the one to look a gift horse in the mouth; I pressed for a clean used Washburn Idol 'cos I had to have an electric too, right?!?!? So I've just built up the finger calluses again and I'm hunting for material to butcher. After long periods of time wasted on tab sites, I stumbled across Mr Hodges and the Easy/Intermediate lesson threads. PAYDIRT! And I haven't even spent much time on the ESD yet ...

I'm guessing it'll be a while before I can return any favours with anything I've tabbed out but I'll do my best to get there as soon as possible. Thanks for a wonderful resource for newbs like me.

Cheers,

David

Posted : 27/08/2007 10:07 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hi David! :D

It's great you get back to play guitar again.

Welcome to GN!

Posted : 27/08/2007 11:59 pm
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome David! :) Sometimes change can be good, huh?!?! 8)

Posted : 28/08/2007 12:49 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to the GN forums, David! :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 28/08/2007 2:02 am
(@denny)
Reputable Member

Hi David. Welcome to GN.

Denny

Posted : 28/08/2007 2:38 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 28/08/2007 4:10 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN !

Seems like your new marriage is going on well. A wife that gifts you a guitar is always desirable... :wink:

Good luck and have fun.

Posted : 28/08/2007 7:34 am
(@jimjam66)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcome, folks. As you say, Rahul - if I loved the woman before I love her a whole lot more now! She's a (rusty) keyboard player so we're hoping to get back into the swing of things together and jam a little ... time permitting, of course!

And Nuno, yes it is good to be back playing, although the frustration levels have to be watched carefully. I used to be a lot more practised than I am. It's surprising what I remember, but the dexterity will have to be worked up again. That's why I like this place - you can pick up skills almost without realising it, because you're learning to play more songs and expanding the repertoire all the time.

Cheers,

David

Posted : 28/08/2007 5:28 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 28/08/2007 5:44 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN, David!

Like you, I never had much time for guitar with previous marriages/relationships - but I've been with the Mrs, Marilyn, for nine years now. All I had when I met her was a beat-up acoustic - she bought me an electric and an acoustic and got me into playing again. Good to see you're working through the lessons, and the ESD is a veritable goldmine!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 29/08/2007 12:43 am
(@mr-blue-eyes)
Trusted Member

Welcome to GN (the best site on the internet) :D

Posted : 29/08/2007 7:54 pm