Clear all

Hello all

17 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@fretted-fingers)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I don't know much in the way of lead guitar, but I'm really enthused to learn more music theory.
I really only know the major scale and blues scale. I can play the major scale in most places on the neck but I can't use it musically. I only know the blues scale in one position but I'm sure that it can't be that hard to figure out by ear. My problem would also be using it musically. The only real arpeggios I know arebarred chords and the basic chords.

I used the barred arpeggio to practice string skipping for a while but never really took it anywhere further than that.
I think my best asset as a guitarist is that I can usually figure anything out by ear. Sometimes it takes a bit of time, others it comes naturally.

As far as what I play goes. I'm into all sorts of music. I play simple classical stuff sometimes, I sometimes make attempts at playing the blues. Most of what I know has been metal. Metallica, Ozzy, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, etc.
But I don't ever limit myself to just playing one style of music. I would like to think that I have atleast some diversity in what I can play.
I've been known to play some Jack Johnson and John Mayer even.
I'm a pretty big fan of finger picking as well, or fingerstyle guitar if you will.
The first song I learned that used fingerpicking and was what originally sparked my interest to it was Stairway to Heaven of all songs.

I guess this has gone on too long though.
Think of this as an extension to my introduction.

One more thing. Stengah, if you have msn or yahoo, pm me your e-mail addy and I'll get in touch with you. I'd like to meet and jam with you. I'm sure we could learn a thing or two from eachother as well.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

Posted : 04/03/2007 5:37 am
(@stengah)
Trusted Member

PM sent. :D

Posted : 04/03/2007 6:46 am
Page 2 / 2