Skip to content
Hello and BTW, anyo...

Notifications
Clear all

Hello and BTW, anyone know Hang On Little Tomato?

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@marcusjohn)
Topic starter

Hi, I'm new here. Looks like a fun place. My little group has decided we should try "Hang On Little Tomato" by Pink Martini, but my ear on jazz is rusty and I'm having trouble hearing the voicing of the chords. Anyone have this chart or know the progression? I would appreciate it immensely if you could post it, or I could give my email adress and you could send it to me............................

Posted : 15/10/2008 10:18 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN !

Posted : 16/10/2008 8:08 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, MarcusJohn! We look forward to seeing you around the forums!

This isn't tablature, but it might help a bit..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOd4Kvb11pY

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 16/10/2008 6:21 pm
(@marcusjohn)
Topic starter

Thanks, Elecktrablue! I should be able to figure out the progression now.................

Posted : 18/10/2008 5:18 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

The live version looks to me like it's in F, although the intro jazzes around a bit.

The measures are alternating beats of F, and C7 then down the line it changes to Bb and eventually throws in a Gm if that helps

I do like that instrumental version though.

Posted : 18/10/2008 5:42 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 10/11/2008 6:58 am