Notifications
Clear all

Hello from Ashland Kentucky!

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@broughtonizb)
Topic starter

Hey people! My name's Ian and I am an absolute music fanatic. I've been playing music since I was twelve. I actually started out on drums. I'm a much better drummer than guitar player but I love to play guitar. Actually, being a drummer has helped my guitar playing. I have an Epiphone SG, an Ibanez Artcore hollow body AF75TDG, and a Danelectro DC-3. I play through a Vox AD50VT. I've messed around with guitars all my life but really started getting into it a couple of years ago. There is SO MUCH that I don't know. The actual act of playing the guitar is not so much the mystery, it's all the crap and terminology that goes with it. So in that aspect, I'm pretty green. So I may ask some questions that will sound stupid to some of you. Peace.

Posted : 16/03/2010 10:26 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

I would love to play a Danelectro DC-3 also, and a Vox AD50VT. :wink: Welcome to the forum! :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 17/03/2010 2:13 pm
(@broughtonizb)
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcome Blue Jay. Yeah man, that Danelectro is a great guitar. It has wonderful, unique, tone. I've been laughed at for that guitar. I'm suprised by the number of local musicians who don't know about Danelectros. They've actually been used a lot by well known guitarist.

Posted : 17/03/2010 3:17 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Ian! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 26/03/2010 10:32 am