Clear all

Hello from Beantown

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@redrainripper)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Just a quick hello and how-do-you-do from this future guitarnoise addict.

I've been lurking the boards for a few weeks after coming across the site on a Google search for "guitar help." While I was mostly just searching the boards for the information that I needed, not all of my questions have been answered sooooooooo I figured, why not become and active participant in the community. Seems like a friendly enough place and trust me, I need all the help I can get when it comes to guitar.

About myself, I'm a 19 year old college student who just picked up the axe about 4 1/2 months ago. I'm getting better but am still sticking to power chords and ramones covers because frankly thats what I do best, which is not that well but we all have to start some place huh? My first guitar was the Epiphone SG Special (the starter pack) and I quickly replaced the strap, cable, tuner, added some distortion pedals, and have recently purchased a 83 gibson les paul studio. Of course I have questions regarding these things, but this is neither the time nor the place.

Anyway, I'm very enthusiastic about the guitar and I'm glad to have found a new hobby so ...."constructive."

Now off to ask an unnessary amount of questions!

Later,

- Mike <-------that's my name by the way ;)

Posted : 25/07/2006 6:18 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, RedRainRipper! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 25/07/2006 11:01 pm
(@saber)
Reputable Member

Oye.

WELCOME!!!

"Like the coldest winter chill. Heaven beside you. Hell within." -Jerry Cantrell

Posted : 26/07/2006 12:40 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hi Mike!

Welcome to GN!

Glad you could join us. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 26/07/2006 1:14 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN! BTW.. What's your major Mike?

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 26/07/2006 10:30 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

welcome mike

hilch<--------thats my name

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 26/07/2006 11:14 am
(@redrainripper)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Welcome to GN! BTW.. What's your major Mike?

Geoo

Undecided liberal arts AKA: crap, NOW what am I going to do?

Posted : 26/07/2006 11:47 pm
(@chris-rupp)
Eminent Member

Hi, I used to live in Boston and I really miss it.

welcome! :lol:

Monthly guitar lessons with Chris Rupp
Visit chrisrupp.com
Visit my Ebay store for guitar instructional dvds

Posted : 30/07/2006 1:50 am