Clear all

Hello from KC!

12 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Hello everyone! I am a new guitarist and joined GN on Dec 22. I had asked for advice on what electric guitar to buy. The overall majority suggested the Squier 51. I went to the local GC and they did not have any there. I know I could buy one off the internet, but decided to let my fingers decide as many had also suggested. Long story short, the choices came down to a Squier Strat and a Yamaha Pacifica. I went with the Pacifica and also bought a Fender Frontman 25R amp. I had borrowed an amp from a buddy, but decided it was too much amp for me right now (it's a 200-watt Crate amp).

I look forward to regularly reading the postings here and know that advice is only as far away as my keyboard. My thanks to all who posted answers to my post.

Have a great week!

KC Newbie

Posted : 27/12/2006 1:16 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

(it's a 200-watt Crate amp).

Yeah I bet it was. :lol: Welcome to GN and have fun on that Pacifica

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 27/12/2006 2:04 am
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Welcome! Your set up should do you just fine, for quite a while. But, if you are like everybody else, in less than a year, you will start to get uncontrollable GAS (Gear Acquistion Syndrome). Don't fight it when it comes, give in to it - its fun! :D

Posted : 27/12/2006 2:36 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard KC! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 27/12/2006 5:21 am
(@billybenbob)
Trusted Member

Hi KC
Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the wonderful fellowship of guitar players.

My main guitars have been a pair of acoustic Yamahas for the past several years and I've been very happy with them.

Asking questions from those who have gone before you is very wise. There are some really excellent musicians that inhabit this site. (many of them are slightly off kilter, but that's not a bad thing).

I've found not only a lot of good advice here, but also plenty of inspiration when the going gets tough, like when you tackle the dreaded F chord.

Peace & Joy,
Ken aka billybenbob

I wanted to learn to play guitar really badly and I think that I have succeeded.

Posted : 27/12/2006 9:22 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN KC.

does your name suggest you are in the KC Mo. area?
if so we also have a MF (owned by GC) in this area also.
i will be trying to schedule a trip down there this weekend, pm me if interested

#4491....

Posted : 27/12/2006 9:52 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 27/12/2006 10:22 am
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Twisted Lefty, yes I am in the KC Metro area. I will be busy with family stuff this weekend, so I will have to pass on the the trip to MF. That's the one off Ffront St. and I-435, correct? I did not know that was owned by GC.

Thanks again,

KC

Posted : 28/12/2006 9:48 pm
(@brothaweed)
Trusted Member

Welcome!

Posted : 29/12/2006 5:27 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN, KC.

Enjoy your new Pacifica. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 29/12/2006 12:58 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise!! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 30/12/2006 1:11 am
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN, KC.

And may I congratulate you on your choice of guitar. I too have a pacifica and I love it. Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.

See you round the boards.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 02/01/2007 11:42 am