Notifications
Clear all

Hello from "old" Hampshire, UK

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@lefty-guy)
Topic starter

Joined a while ago but only just got around to posting. I have found "Guitar Noise" an invaluable tool in the 5 years I've been learning guitar, so many many thanks to all you guys/girls who are responsible for an amazing site & resource.

I'm a lefty! I live near a small market town called Romsey, in Hampshire in the UK. After a brief flirtation with a classical guitar when I was 16, I finally got properly started aged 47, nearly 5 years ago. Went straight into Acoustic guitar & started by learning many of my favourite tunes by Eagles, Beatles, Pink Floyd etc, initially just strumming, then fingerstyle.

Then I went to a guitar camp (Steve Kaufman's) & got hooked on flatpicking & Bluegrass, which is mainly what I play these days. Found an excellent Bluegrass jam locally & continue to cross the pond every June to attend Kaufman's Kamp.

My 3 acoustic guitars are, in order of preference (although this order changes regularly!), 2005 Gibson J-45, 2008 Martin HD-28, 2007 Moon RD-3 Custom. I also own a 2008 Fender American Telecaster, but this doesn't get much attention.

Thanks for your attention.

Posted : 01/12/2009 12:30 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise!! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 01/12/2009 6:47 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 01/12/2009 10:40 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Another UK guy? It's like the British invasion, again!

You're all getting to be popular here. Welcome and hoist a Guinness. :wink:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 06/12/2009 4:42 pm