Clear all

Hello from Slovenia!

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kolutic)
Topic starter

Hi everyone!
I'm Ivan, 15 years old, Serb/Slovene, living in Slovenia.

I've had an on and off relationship with the guitar since about two years ago, when I first expressed interest in learning to play. When I told my dad, he told me he had an old acoustic in his parent's apartment down in Belgrade (he actually learned piano, guitar was a side project...). Next time we went there, he dug it up from some old closets and gave it to me. I restringed it as soon as I could and started practicing chords, scales, etc. but I was frustrated, a bit because of not having any speed, but primarily because the 30-year old guitar wouldn't sound good no matter what. Even a perfectly fingered chord sounded crappy. About one month in and I quit. For the next year I tried to pick it up again every few weeks, but remembered its crappy sound and would put it back into its case after 10 minutes.

Autumn last year, I decided I'll buy a new acoustic. My wish came true in the dawn of 2011, and I bought an Ibanez acoustic. For the first time I had a guitar that would sound nice. With renewed resolve, I got back into practice. Coupled with lessons from this site and some others, I progressed quite a bit, I think. The Ibanez was a quite OK guitar for learning, but I wanted to play rock. In a band. Which I want to form with my best friend. So, one month ago I got an Epiphone LP Standard and an Ibanez TBX65R amp and have mostly been exploring its capabilities and fooling around with it so far, but plan to really get into it when I get back from a 2 week sea trip.

I play mostly 3 Doors Down, but want to expand to Bon Jovi and Guns n' Roses too. I'm currently revisiting the Justin Guitar ( http://www.justinguitar.com/ ) beginner method and plan to proceed to the intermediate foundation after that, and when I overcome my laziness I'll get into some songwriting.

I've mostly been reading these forums, but with the changes in my musical life these days I figured it was fitting to really become active. So, here I am. Hope it'll be a fun ride :wink:

Posted : 27/07/2011 8:56 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Hi Ivan, your intro and ideas, personality... all sound good. 8)

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 29/07/2011 10:29 pm