7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@xylembassguitar)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hello to everyone at GN!

Thought I'd introduce myself!

Bass is my main instrument, but I play guitar on the side too.

I'm really interested in music that sounds new/ is fairly idiosyncratic.

I love all the classic rock stuff, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Yes, Floyd, CCR, (and all the other good ones I didn't mention). Love all the blues, classical, funk and jazz greats too. I was heavily influenced by Larry Graham, Stanley Clarke and Les Claypool in the early stages of my bass playing. Needless to say, my style is fairly percussive, but I am just starting to delve into more subtle harmonics, fingerstyle playing and jazz chords/progressions.

I recently discovered a guy named Bob Log III too, he's pretty out there. Warning: if you have any sense of class or propriety you, might not appreciate Bob, and he's fairly explicit (in a funny and entertaining manner, of course).

If anyone has any unique techniques, theories, licks/riffs, bands, guitars/basses, or anything else like that, let me know, I'll probably be interested!

I'll be around...

Thanks to everyone who keeps this site running, this seems to be a really great resource for a lot of people, keep up the good work!

Anthony

Xylem Handmade Basses and Guitars

Posted : 15/08/2008 9:52 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN, Anthony!

I saw your first couple of posts in the bass players forum, and thought, how refreshing to see someone who makes a living out of guitars, with a link to his own website, actually contribute something positive with his first few posts, rather than spam said website to kingdom come and beyond.....

Definitely a first for GN! (Well maybe not, but it does make a nice change!)

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 15/08/2008 10:24 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 16/08/2008 2:25 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 17/08/2008 10:40 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Welcome home! :D

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 18/08/2008 1:08 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Hola, Welcome to GN!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 19/08/2008 4:17 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, XylemBassGuitar! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 21/08/2008 6:57 pm